Lamont Hopew…, Both Buyer and Seller in New Jersey

Any title companies familiar with assignment of contracts?

Asked by Lamont Hopewell, New Jersey Fri Jan 3, 2014

Hello Trulia community,

Does anyone know of a title company that handle assignment of contract transaction (wholesale deals)? In the NYC area. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Answers

3
You really should be consulting with an attorney who specializes in real estate and have all related documentation reviewed before worrying about a title company--your attorney may suggest one for you....
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 4, 2014
Dear Lamont,

If you are looking to assign a contract or purchase a contract that is assignable, you need to have a competent real estate attorney help you. Don't leave anything to chance. I will say that in order for a contract to be assignable, it would have to be written in the original contract of sale that said contract is in fact assignable.

If I can be of further assistance, please contact me direct.

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales/ e-Pro Realtor
Fillmore Real Estate
Office: (718) 252-2000/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 3, 2014
Hello, a title company will do any deal as long as they specifically know who the new buyer of the property is so it can be recorded correctly. Your lawyer is familiar with your deal and he or she will handle the title company and make sure everything is handled the right way.

If you have any other questions feel free to give me a call.