Home Buying in Melissa>Question Details

Michelle, Home Buyer in Seminole, OK

Any tips on moving to a different state? My husband and I would like to move to Texas from Oklahoma but are unsure on how to get started.

Asked by Michelle, Seminole, OK Tue Dec 4, 2012

My husband and I are looking to move to Texas from Oklahoma within the next year. We are unsure on how we will get down there to get started. We can't buy a house without having a job there and don't want to buy a house there while still here with our jobs now and get down there and have no job to make the payments.(Wow, I hope that made sense) We can't move to an apartment as we have 3 large dogs. Any tips or advice would be appreciated!

Answers

2
Welcome to Texas! (almost anyway) I agree with Bruce, having a job before you move is the ideal way to go. Depending on the industry of your experience that may or may not be possible as some employers prefer to work with local candidates only. In that case it would benefit you to move first. Start by targeting employers in your area of expertise and I can help you look for homes to lease nearby their offices. As Bruce mentioned, large dogs do complicate the rental situation, the lease listings can offer insight into number of dogs permitted.

Wishing you the best on your move! Let me know how I can help.

Sandy Setliff
http://www.sandysetliffhomes.com
Thanks you for the reply. I will graduate in May with my BSN. My sister lives in Melissa so that may be an option while I try to find something to lease. I appreciate your advice.
Flag Tue Dec 4, 2012
Get a job first, then move.
It will be hard to rent a house too with 3 large dogs.
Not impossible, but difficult.
Getting the job first will help you know where to live.
Dallas is a big place and most people don't want to live far from where they work.
Thank you. My sister lives in Melissa so it may be possible for myself to get a job first and go from there. Thanks for the reply.
Flag Tue Dec 4, 2012
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX