Home Buying in San Jose>Question Details

Mandm, Home Buyer in San Jose, CA

Any reviews for pulte homes in San jose near SCU?

Asked by Mandm, San Jose, CA Thu Mar 22, 2012

Answers

1
Grace Morioka (408-426-1616)’s answer
Hi Mandm and thanks for your question!

First, I really like the builder, Pulte Homes, and their product is great. I have actually managed a Pulte Homes project in Santa Clara and from the feedback I got from my homeowners, the houses are sturdy, built well, and have--over the years--stood the test of time for quality. So, just from the builder's reputation, I like the homes.

Now regarding this particular home community, Altura, which is on the OTHER side of the Alameda in the area that used to be more commercial than residential, the 200 plus units here are equally as impressive as some of Pulte's other products. Although the homes are attached (Pulte made its reputation on detached single family homes), the same attention to detail put into their million dollar homes is evident in these buildings and amenties. Located near Santa Clara,it's within walking distance of shops and restaurants in the area, close to the school (but not so close as to hear all of the sports activities at Leavey--SCU is my alma mater), and is an easy location for access to freeways.

The price is also, in my mind, appropriate for the area and product. My only caveat to you is that you bring your Realtor or agent with you on the FIRST VISIT to Altura. Pulte is absolutely steadfast on their policy that they will work with Realtors who register their clients at the first visit, so if you look at the homes, take your Realtor ALWAYS.

Good luck, and if you're looking for a Realtor with extensive new homes experience, please feel free to contact me.

Grace Morioka
Area Pro Realty-People's Choice