Home Buying in Natick>Question Details

Brian P., Just Looking in

Any realtors with experience evaluating properties for renovation potential in Natick?

Asked by Brian P., Tue Oct 1, 2013

We are looking in to purchasing an existing multi-family home in Natick with a plan to convert and remodel as a single family (to be owner occupied). Can anyone recommend a Natick buyer's agent with experience in this area?

Answers

6
Louis Wolfson’s answer
Brian,

You have a lot of good options here. Ken has an excellent reputation as does Donna who is a local broker and her husband (who I've used) bring a structural expertise to your project.

Both are local to the Natick market.

I too know the market, have built in Natick and owned investment properties in Natick and Wayland since 1980. I am presently renovating and expanding a 2 family home in Needham and building homes in Newton as we speak.

Good luck and if you have any questions just let me know.

Louis
Hi, I am a retired builder who has built homes in Natick, Wellesley, and surrounding towns for 40 years . I would be happy to meet with you to discuss . I am now a Realtor with William Raveis in Natick and Wellesley. Call me at 508-740-8812, Ken
You will find that most Realtor's are capable of this. My addition to the process that I feel lends an advantage is that my husband is a structural engineer and has worked on thousands of building projects. He can help decide what the best way to rearrange walls etc. is that enhances the flow of the floorplan. I would love to set up a meeting to talk to you about your plans.
Hi Brian,
When converting from one use to another use you need to be sure that you investigate what the ultimate outcome would be. Does it really make sense to lose the multi family status of a property? The old rule of location, location, location still applies.

Then there is the cost factor of physical modifications to the building. If in an historical district there could, and likely would be restrictions on what you would be permitted to do.

I am the Broker Owner of a small local company. We own a substantial real estate portfolio and have done exactly what you are thinking about. My most valuable bit of information (in my opinion of course) is to think about selling it before you buy it.

if you wish to speak, with no obligation, I would glad to review your basic plan and advise you on how to proceed.

You may contact me at 508-254-5855 or email at empowers@aol.com

Thank you for your consideration.

Mike Powers
The Woodland Group
Natick, MA
Hi Brian,

Funny you should ask. Currently, I have 4 different projects going on in Natick. I live in Natick and have an extensive background in residential contracting, construction and rehab. I've been a successful broker for over 12 years and typically have 50+ transactions a year. Honestly, it will be difficult to match my experience. Please feel free to reach out at any time whatsoever.

Thanks & Take Care,
John Popp 617-916-1646
REMAX BEST CHOICE
Johnpopp@realtor.com
Hi Brian,

I am a Natick resident and Agent/Owner of Hayden Rowe Properties. I would be happy to chat with you about your project.

Please feel free to contact me via direct email (peter@hrpre.com) or by phone 508-922-1053.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Peter