Home Buying in Richmond>Question Details

Brachism, Home Buyer in 23294

Any opinions or details related to Hallmark Home Builders in Richmond, VA?

Asked by Brachism, 23294 Wed Oct 17, 2012

I have been looking for a house in Glen Allen (existing or new, $280K /- $30K-ish range) and stumbled across Hunton Station. The builder apparently is Hallmark Home Builders (HHB) owned by a Thomas R Towers Jr. They seem to have a connection to Construction Management Solutions in Chesterfield. CMS may be or may have simply been supplying back-office support. Online searches have turned up little and seemingly nothing positive.

The Better Business Bureau’s website states HHB has been in business since 1991 and on file since 1994, but the company is not BBB accredited. They also rate the company ‘F’ with 5 complaints over the last 3 years relating to guarantee/warranty issues and problems with product/service. A court search indicated a number of civil cases involving the builder over the last 10 years. Many if not most of these appear to have been dismissed. Perhaps this is typical with small semi-custom home builders and overly demanding clients, but…

It sounds like you have done some good research here. Can I help you find another builder that would suit your needs? It sure is a shame for any business to get this much bad publicity as I don't feel they will do a lot more business with comments coming up like this.
I own a house build by Hallmark Builders and I hope it is not too late to tell you this that they suck! Owner/Builder Tommy Towers is most unprofessional man I have ever met in my life. His wife/selling agent is also Eleanor Towers is no better. They will only treat you well until sale is pending, Once you own the house, good luck with everything. In my neighborhood, there are several hall mark homes and most of owners hate Tommy tower and would agree with me of his opinion. Without getting too much in detail, He has many complaints from home owners and he does not care. No wonder his company has red alert on BBB. Good luck.
I can't speak to the past complaints about Hallmark- but I've been in several of their new homes and I have to say the homes are built extremely well. I've sold 3-4 of their homes over the past few years and have never received a complaint from my buyers.

As a Realtor- there are definitely some builders that are easier to work with than others. I've found Hallmark to be one of the better ones.

I hope that helps...