Home Buying in San Ramon>Question Details

Mike J, Home Buyer in Redwood City, CA

Any opinions on quality of Standard Pacific homes in the San Ramon area?

Asked by Mike J, Redwood City, CA Sat Jul 6, 2013

Does anyone have an opinion on the build quality of Standard Pacific homes built around 1998-1999 in the San Ramon area? How d these properties compare with others in the area? Thanks!

Answers

2
Hi Mike,

Standard Pacific is a reputable builder. They continue to build new homes in nearby Dublin and from what I've experienced with buyers who have purchased SP homes in the last 15 years is that they are very happy with the quality of workmanship. I would compare SP in line with Shapell which is another major builder in San Ramon. How well a home is maintained is what you should focus on however. An experienced inspector can go over any deferred maintenance and major home repairs needed. Hope this is helpful.

Mona
They were built fine - Standard Pacific is a good builder with a very solid quality reputation. Additionally, each of these homes is thoroughly inspected by the San Ramon building Department officials. I've done work in San Ramon as a contractor and know that the city is very thorough.

The bigger issue is not the quality of build - in reality, any problems would more than likely have been discovered by now. The real issue is how well any given home has been maintained over the past 15 years. A competent set of building inspectors can find any issues.
Thanks for the thorough and thoughtful reply Carl!
Flag Sat Jul 6, 2013