Writer6275, Home Buyer in Absecon, NJ

Any opinions on University Park vs. Foxmoor at Galloway on the home construction and neighborhood?

Asked by Writer6275, Absecon, NJ Thu Oct 8, 2009

My family lives in Galloway and is looking for a newer, larger home than the current 3-bedroom , 1300 square foot house we're in. We have two young children and want newer or new construction, low maintenance yard, and a family neighborhood. We have found a house in the University Park neighborhood we like with 3 bedrooms and just needs some minor wall repairs and painting touch up. We also like a house under construction in Foxmoor at Galloway (Meadows Drive) which is priced similarly, though we know there will be an added expense of upgrades, to fence the yard and landscape.

Any advice on if either of these neighborhoods are safe and friendly or if one builder is better than the other? I think All Star?built the University Park houses. Thanks!

Answers

2
Linda B. Conner’s answer
Hi... I see your post is older, but wanted to take a minute to answer you... You say you live in Galloway now, so your best resource would be to ask your friends and neighbors about the areas... as for the construction... take a walk through the new neighborhood and speak to the current owners... it is the best way to get real information. If you do not have a Realtor of your own I suggest you get one... Buying a new home with the representation of an agent is helpful, but have your own agent, not the builders agent... If a problem arises it would be far safer to have your own representation... If you have any questions please feel free to contact me. Linda
Web Reference: http://www.lindaconner.com
Good question. I have clients that have bought homes built by both builders and they were happy with the both builders. The benefit of buying the home that is already completed is that you don't have to worry about the landscaping and fence and you already know what the taxes will be. On the other hand Foxmoor is brand new. So you won't have any problems with the house. It's a tough call they both have their advantages and disadvantages. As far as I know both neighborhoods are safe and both builders are good. You may want to call Galloway police to get an opinion on the safety of each neighborhood or you can also drive by at night to check things out.

Please contact me if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Best wishes,

Matt
Web Reference: http://HavilandGroup.net