Home Buying in Humble>Question Details

Christineu%4…, Home Buyer in

Any opinions about the quality of these builders? City Homes, D.R. Horton, KB, Lennar, Meritage, M/I Homes, Pulte, Royal Oak, and Ryan Homes

Asked by Christineu%40gmail.com, Wed Apr 9, 2014

We are looking to move and the large area we are looking at has many communities and many builders, some homes are already built and many are still being built. The list of builders currently building in our price range includes: City Homes, D.R. Horton, KB, Lennar, Meritage, M/I Homes, Pulte, Royal Oak, and Ryan Homes.

I would greatly appreciate any opinions on any of the builders in general or even on the area of Horizon West or the communities within Horizon West in Winter Garden and Windermere, FL which includes the communities of Alexander Ridge, Avalon Reserve, Berkshire Park, Carrington, Hickory Hammock, Independence, Johns Lake, Mabel Bridge, Hamlin, The Reserve at Carriage Point, Summerlake, Summerport, The Vineyards, Windermere Terrace and Windermere Trails.

Answers

3
Christine,

My favorite would be KB Homes, I had a client monitoring every stage of the construction and bringing outside specialists for the third party opinion and heard only positive reviews. Their energy saving technologies are great. I have not heard any of my clients giving me negative feed back about KB.

DR Horton is one of the best builders in Nevada, I placed a lot of happy buyers into their homes. My fist question at any new home site is if they allow the buyer's to bring an inspector during the construction period. Only solid builders with good quality construction would allow you to do so and would put it in writing. If the builder doesn't allow my client to inspect the house in all and any construction phases, then we walk away.

We just purchased a home with royal oak. And the quality is great. And value as well. We purchased in Avalon reserve in winter garden,since that area was the best for our family. Royal oak was far more better in value and price compared to the other developers in winter garden you listed. We loved carriage point. But was overpriced. Alexander ridge is a nice community which you may be getting more value at compared to carriage point since they're next to each other. It all depends if u want. Gated ,hoa fees,etc... Good luck in yer search
Also u gotta think. All builders subcontract. Everything nowadays... So generally you look at what the warranty and what hey will cover also If any damages happen in the future.
Flag Mon May 19, 2014
I would also appreciate an answer to this question. I have heard horror stories about KB.
I actually looked at a bunch of homes Sunday and one was a KB home. The reason I mention the KB home is it was a few years old and where the window meets the window sill on the outside of the house there were actual weeds growing in there. I don't think they let the concrete rest long enough to set properly for that to happen so I would stay away. The City homes were all super narrow on 32' wide lots with no yard. We ended up with a D.R. Horton home in Summerlake partly because Summerlake is the closest community to Disney that we liked and with all the homes already back that way and all the new construction going on I foresee some horrendous traffic in the future so we wanted to be as close as we could without feeling like we were right on top of Disney. I really love Summerlake but Summerport was also very high on our list as was one or two other areas that I am not currently remembering. The house hunt was a real adventure though that included a cease and desist on a realtor.
Flag Tue Apr 15, 2014