Crl, Both Buyer and Seller in Corpus Christi, TX

Any opinions about Circle C vs. Shady Hollow?

Asked by Crl, Corpus Christi, TX Sun Jul 27, 2008

Answers

10
CRL:

Hello! Both excecellent choices to consider.

The two areas are distinctly different and both offer wonderful options in south and southwest austin. Circle C is a master planned community with many ammenities, exemplarly rated schools, shopping, restaurants, grocery stores, etc... within the Circle C community. There are many different areas of Circle offering both new homes as well as resale homes.

Shady Hollow is also an outstanding community that has a great deal of diversity in housing. There are many sections that have spectacular old, large trees and somewhat of a tucked away feel. There is a ton of wonderful food and grocery options that have taken hold in the last few years. You have Galaxy Cafe, Maudies, etc... in a very hip area off of Brodie.

There are also some wonderful new home communities along Brodie. One in particular is Brodie Springs. I think that this is one of the best new communities because of the quality of homes, size of lots and area. You should really drive through just to get a feel - lots of trees, flat lots, open space, large homes and new!

If interested, I would be glad to put together some interesting options to view for your and take you around to see first hand what both areas have to offer.

Thanks and good luck,

Ritch Haenke, Realtor(r)
Coldwell Banker United Realtors
512.633.3909
rhaenke@sbcglobal.net
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 27, 2008
Since both areas have really great schools, it would be worth several trips to Austin to drive through both areas at different times of the day to see how you feel. Both areas are highly desirable areas. Circle C's amenities are fantastic but a few visits will give you the answer....I would suggest arranging a few house showings so you'll have something to compare also. I hope this helps ...I can help as I live in SW Austin and know the area well. Marilyn Glendenning, Mosaic Austin Properties 512 565 0911
Theheartoflakeway.com
Take a look a little west. Call if i can help
Both are great neighborhoods with great schools. They definitely have a different feel to one another so I think it comes down to preference. Shady Hollow definitely has an older feel to it, often times larger lots than Circle C. The only think I would say about Shady Hollow is that you just have the one road with one lane of traffic each way through the neighborhood so the road can get pretty backed up at times.
I have lived in 3 different houses in Circle C over the past 12 years. My Realtor has always favored Circle C for the amenities and the proximity to MoPac. Both CC and SH are zoned for Bowie High School, which is top notch, but they are zoned for different elementary schools. Almost all of Circle C is zoned for Clayton or Kiker. My children have attended both and have had their needs met. The schools are large, but staff make the effort to get to know students and their families personally. (I understand Baranoff is also excellent.) Gorzycki Middle School serves Circle C and the surrounding area. It's fairly new. I think the demographic is more affluent than that of Bailey, the middle school that serves SH. Before Gorzycki was built, Circle C kids went to Bailey; I have heard nothing but good reports. If you don't mind commuting up Brodie, Shady Hollow would be a good choice. Its character is different from that of Circle C, so check out both neighborhoods. Welcome to southwest Austin!
Dear Cri,
If your up for a road trip, I have an open house in Shady Hollow this Sunday from 1-4. Its .55 acre lot with a one story 4 bedroom 2 bath home and the best trees in the neighborhood! Call me for directions. We could also go by some listed homes in Circle C and you could decide for yourself.
Betina
512-771-6318
Two of our outstanding southwest locations.......
I don't know a lot about Shady Hollow but I've signed millions $$$ of contracts on that golf course at Circle C. Its a great place to network and take clients. Mary Beth Shelton knows that area better than I. You can reach her at mselden@austin.rr.com.
Both are nice areas in Southwest Austin. Circle C does offer more community amenities and open space. Both Kiker and Baranoff Elementary are rated "exemplary" by the Texas Education Agency for last year. Many of my clients like certain sections of Shady Hollow because of the big trees and larger lots. My business partner lived in Shady Hollow for quite awhile, and he used to complain about the traffic on Brodie Lane sometimes, since it is the primary way to get in and out of the area. Circle C offers more options (Slaughter Lane in either direction, or Escarpment). I hope this helps a little bit. Let me know if I can answer any specific questions for you!

Jason Crouch, Broker/Owner
Austin Texas Homes, LLC
512-796-7653 (cell)
I live in Shady Hollw and I love the neighborhood. The lots are larger than Circle C by far. Circle C is nice and has a lovely amenity center. However your taxes are lower in Shady Hollow as it is not within the Austin city limits. Its an 'Austin' address but we save a couple thousand each year in taxes! Call me if you want to see some homes in either neighborhood.
Betina