NEPAbuyer, Home Buyer in Pennsylvania

Any insight to the Bentley Square condos? The seem to be priced low. Are these Sec-8 type? How is crime rate in that community?

Asked by NEPAbuyer, Pennsylvania Wed Oct 10, 2012

Answers

4
Philip J. Cunningham Sr.’s answer
Have you seen this property? and Fair Housing Rules will not let me coment on the other part of of your question p-.lease look it up on the internet or go to the city web site at http://www.phila.gov or request info from the City of Philadelphia at 311
Web Reference: http://www.GreatPaRE.com
I've had a place here for about 6 years. In that time I saw a real decline happen. Over the last year and a half or so it seems that things have gotten better. We had a real issue with snow removal and general cleanliness around the grounds for a few years years which have completely turned around. They get the snow removed and the steps salted down pretty fast and the grounds get kept pretty clean. There are still problems around the dumpsters where people like to overfill them but overall the rest of the place is ok.

I like that the buildings are small at only 3 floors. There are 6 units per building so it is enough for everyone to know each other and watch out for each other but not so much that you have a ton of people to deal with like in some high rise apartments. Everyone is friendly enough that you get to know who lives around you in the other buildings too.

The area itself is nice with a lot of trees and open space.
I lived here in 1999 and moved out to a bigger place. I separated from my husband this year and moved back because the places are really nice. Every neighborhood has crime and people who have no pride in themselves or their homes. I grew up in public housing and this is nothing like it but it is not a high end condo either. The biggest problem here is snow removal, I know of 6 people who slipped and fell in this lot this year on ice. There is no section 8 that I am aware of and their is no FHA at all that I am sure of. I am renting from an owner who takes care of his unit and completely remodeled it. Everything is new and that is how I wanted it. Would I buy here....NEVER, but it is very nice and convenient to my job. I know all of my neighbors by name and you can catch me stopping to say hello to people but mostly I work all day and keep to myself when I am home. I hope this helped
I lived at the bentley square condos I sold my unit the area is very bad and so is the complex.You know you live in a bad complex when the pizza guy will not come into the complex after dark.