Home Buying in Loganville>Question Details

Shania, Home Buyer in truelove

Any information on Crown Communities, in Loganville, ga?

Asked by Shania, truelove Mon Dec 10, 2007

Answers

5
I just bought my first home at Oakmont subdivison in loganville. I am very unhappy with the way I was treated through the whole process. My home was built in 18 days and has alot of problems. I have been here for 5 months now and still waiting on someone to fix my HVAC unit. The customer service is the worst I have ever seen, and I've been in construction for 11 years. I bought my home because of the warranty but Im finding out that it is just a sales pitch they use to sell their homes. I quess I have nobody to blame but myself for not doing my research. I would not recomend buying a home from Crown Communities. Great price and alot of footage but it seems like corners were cut when building my home.
Problems with Crown Community construction.

My daughter is having a home built by Crown Communities and has encountered a number of problems. The most significant is that the size of three of the bedrooms and the laundry room is substantially less than expected. Be sure to get a blueprint showing exact room size before they start construction and get a rendering of how the exterior will look.
Hire a buyer agent, especially for new construction. In this case I agree with some of the other agents, in that Crown's agents are actually "company" agents and they will use their own contracts. Most subdivision agents are still independent of the builder(s) but we do have several large "corporate" builder groups in the metro area with their own agents. Nobody is saying that they are out to cheat you. But, they do represent the builder and you'll be very much on your own. Most buyers don't realize they need a buyer agent for new construction until it's too late. Good luck.
Ditto, Karsten! I totally agree! Take a REALTOR with you to protect yourself.
Shania,

I have been into Harrison Mill Estates before with a client, and I liked what I saw. Nice homes, decent lots, good floorplans. Looked to be well-built from what I could tell, and I'm kind of picky. I have to assume this is the neighborhood you are referring to. It's a Conyers address and Loganville and Youth schools.

I have dealt with the agent that was in Oakmont when they first opened it. I believe this was a Crown Communities neighborhood. The homes are a little more basic than Harrison Mill, but still very nice. No problems, but keep in mind that the agents there are actually part of the same company as the builder, so they use their own contracts and don't really care about your specific needs. Take a realtor. I can tell you that it will cost you the same with your own realtor, and probably a lot less.

Loganville is my area, I am very familiar with it. I would be happy to assist you and make sure you're covered. Feel free to call me at 678-362-3138.