PSA81, Home Buyer in 08831

Any idea why houses in Monroe Manor community are selling cheap compared to sell prices from 2006?

Asked by PSA81, 08831 Thu Jan 3, 2013

PSA81

Answers

6
Frank Bianco’s answer
The period between 2006 and today, has been the worst in history for the real estate market, not only in Monroe Manor, or in New Jersey, but in fact for the entire United States and throughout the world as well. As one poster said, the newspapers and television news have been reporting this for many years now.

While no one has a crystal ball, or see into the future, all indications point to our now being at the bottom of the market, which makes this the absolute best time to purchase a home. Naturally, if you have a home that you must sell, in order to buy a new one, you will, in all likelyhood, catch a beating on the sale of that home, but you also dould probably make it up on the purchase, as you'll get a great deal if you buy now. The best of all worlds, would be if you could buy a home now, without having to sell one first.

If I can help you or your daughter in any way, call me on my cell phone at 732-245-4440.

FRANK BIANCO
Sales Associate
LEVINBSON ASSOCIATES REALTORS
MONROE TOWNSHIP, NJ 08835

If you are looking to buy or sell in Monroe Manor, let me know. I do lots of business in Monroe Manor including Court houses and Single family homes.
The homes in Monroe Manor were affected by the real estate decline the same way prices for most homes were after 2008. My daughter bought a Court Home in 2007 and paid $430,000. A few months ago ;you could buy a single family home (larger home/more land) for the same $430k.
Nothing about the homes or community has changed.
I live not far from the community and do a lot of real estate in Monroe Twp. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you.
Donna
REALLY???
2006 was the height of the market...and unless you haven't read a newspaper or watched television in the last 6 years you'd know that home values have dropped significantly since 2006.

If you are interested in buying a house, all indicators are that home prices in most areas are starting to INCREASE now. With mortgage rates still hovering in the 3.5% range, it's a prime time for buyers to take advantage of the low rates AND low prices.
Mary - Thank you for suggesting that I was somehow living in a cave for past 6 years. On the contrary, I had seen all the MBS (stands for Mortgage Backed Securities) related market developments upfront working for a major financial firm. I bet that all first time home buyers you have dealt with so far have bought the very first property shown to them - no questions asked whatsoever!! Writing few words in caps does not explain as to why a 6 year old house would be selling for 25% discount..... especially in a sought after central NJ town...unless seller is in desperate need ....as someone has mentioned here without arriving at any arrogant conclusions.
Flag Fri Jan 4, 2013
The Community has not changed in any way it is still one of the best to live in! The market continues to change each month so these are the prices for now ! We have many buyers looking to take advantage of the price of these homes and we have sellers interested in listing because there are buyers out there. Please contact me for any help you may need! Jean Santin Weidel Realtors! We are alwsays willing to help in any way that is needed! 908 507 6647 Check out my listing for 164 B Portland Lane Monroe Township NJ Rossmoor Adult Community Completely redone everything new!
Compared to 2006? Our market peaked in 2006 and the sales prices have dropped 30-40% to prices not seen sine 2001. Perhaps this is true of Monroe as well. My guess is that it is. Buying at the bottom sounds like a better idea than at the top so maybe now is the time to be a buyer there.