Home Buying in Frisco>Question Details

Nj2tx, Home Buyer in Frisco, TX

Any feedback or opinions about Landon home builders in Frisco or Little elm, TX? What are some pros & cons of each of these towns? I'm

Asked by Nj2tx, Frisco, TX Sat Apr 2, 2011

moving in 3mos Would love to hear from current residents or those who have recently purchased new homes in either towns.

Answers

23
Landon Homes is a decent builder. They are a bit expensive on their upgrades though but the homes have a lot of things that are standard that other builders charge for. So that's a trade off.

I Have several homes under contract at this time with Landon and other builders in Frisco. I'll be happy to discuss with you.

One thing that is under discussion at this time is that the school boundaries may change. There are some parts of Little Elm that are in Frisco school district and Frisco is trying to change that to remove those areas from the boundaries. School districts here overlap the cities so you can live in the city of Frisco and your kids will attend either Frisco, Prosper or Lewisville school district. So shop carefully if schools are important to you.

Naima
214-289-8555
Naima@Sumner-Realty.com
I personally love the Frisco area. There are a lot of great properties in both areas.

Strictly in my opinion, I think Frisco is a more up and coming area with a better possibility of appreciation of value. I don't have a crystal ball, and again that is strictly my opinion.

PS: If you plan on moving in 3 months, you better hurry! The home buying process can easily take 3 months with looking, contract negotiations, inspections, appraisals, financing, and closing.

If you would like more details, feel free to give me a call or email.

Because it's more than real estate. It's RAYL-Estate!

Brian Rayl, REALTOR®, e-PRO, SFR
Keller Williams Park Cities
972-949-4222
Brian@Rayl-Estate.com
http://brianrayl.com
Web Reference: http://brianrayl.com
We have lived in our Landon Home for less than 6 weeks and since the ice storm we now have leaks due to inadequate flashing installed during the roofing process. According to our construction manager, they don't build homes to protect against ice storms. Landon is calling this an act of God and are claiming no responsibility! They have about 50 other similar claims after the ice storm. THEY BUILD INFERIOR HOMES! They build them as fast as possible and do not care about the quality of their work. They will drywall over your electrical outlets, install cracked granite countertops, put up crooked switch plates, on and on. We have been trying for weeks to get Sheetrock and painting issues addressed to no avail. We are extremely disappointed in the quality of home and the lack of customer care.

EVERY WORD SAID HERE IS TRUE.
http://www.judysbook.com/cities/frisco-tx/Construction-and-R…
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 10, 2013
landon homes (richwoods place)particularly frisco community is very horrible at service. heard they are nice till the siginging of the home , but we faced that one was horrible too. when compared to other builders this is very frustrating experience. we moved in to the home a month ago, which we wanted to be a nice and happier one, but because of the people in the sales are very unsupportive still not able to feel good at it.

if u have a chance please cancel ur contracts with them. until we sign they behave differently, once u sign its totally different. what the hell they are thinking regarding themselves, not sure. Sales people at richwoods place are very horrible except connie (when she was there she was good). and ppl at design center are not good aswell they didnot tell any of upgrades clearly we had to ask each and everything.
construction is not good on the basis taking lot of money is very wrong on their part.
they didnt even obey for any changes we asked even we are willing to pay more.
paying lot of money for these kind of ppl was wrong and im feeling like horrible on my part why had we choosed this kind of builder. they say something and do other thing while construction.

at last want to mention sales ppl in richwoods place in frisco are the horrible ppl i ever saw or its the worst experience i found in my life, never expected this from them.
on the whole if you go with them u will not satisfy at the end.

Hope this goes to manamgement and please change the sales ppl in richoowds place frisco, that will be great for customers and also for the company. these people dont know how to treat customers, they are looking customers like some lower class people

Personally i would not recommend anyone to richwoods place. i say please go to other builders they are very nice, my friends who took near other builders are very happy and good, as they know how to satisfy customers.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 26, 2013
Two years after moving into a Landon Home build, I guess it's safe to say we had a great experience with Landon Home. Thank you to those who gave us feedback back in 2011! We had Elmer Carino as sales agent and he was very knowledgeable, his staff of 2 ladies were also great. I think it was also helpful that we had an awesome Real estate Agent, Dan Johnson, who helped monitor the building process since we were still living out of state at the time. We have seen at least 6 other builders prior to deciding on the location and the builder. Quality of work was good but as with any other homes, there were issues after we moved in but the after-sales service department took care of it. We love living in Little Elm, being so close to a lake and having more square footage. Having the kids go to Frisco ISD is a bonus!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 26, 2013
CAUTION>>>I have owned a Landon Home in the Little Elm Area (Dominion @ Lakeview) for a little over 6 months. Prior to purchasing from them you may want to contact me at BSCSINC@aol.com.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun May 8, 2011
Just sold my home in Frisco, building in Little Elm. Loved Frisco, have a rental in Little Elm (Frisco Schools) I will move to my rental until my New home is finished (Little Elm, Frisco Schools).

I lived in Frisco for 10 years. It's a beautiful place, schools are good like everyone says. I think Little Elm is up and coming like Frisco was ten years ago when I moved here. I live very close to Little Elm in Frisco presently and can see how fast the town of Little Elm is growing, wider streets, stores etc. I saw the same thing when I moved to Frisco.

I think the homes are less expensive right now in Little Elm, even though Little Elm also has its share of million dollar homes. My rental home that I purchased in Little Elm 5 years ago can be sold for apprioximately 40,000 more then I paid so I would say homes are going up in price in every town.

My Frisco home sold in 2 days! I don't have children in school anymore, I heard that Little Elm schools are getting better, but Frisco Schools though they are good do not deserve all the bype they get! All schools have room for improvement. Good luck!
My clients had a Landon Home built last year and construction was delayed by two months!!!!!
Landon is the Worst Builder Ever! Paid 600K for my house and From start to finish disappointed every step of the way. VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED! DO NOT BUY FROM LANDON, it is a sick feeling to see your hard earned money go through the drain.
Is it possible to connect with you to hear your experience? I'm building with Landon right now and having a very difficult time. Please let me know.
Flag Sat May 10, 2014
My sincere advice never ever think of buying a Landon Home especially from Richwoods Frisco. Have a very bad experience with them and expecting many more to come as it is in the process.
Little Elm and Frisco are both great areas to live in, I suggest looking up the crime rates as well as the school ratings to get the best judgement of the area you would like to live. I know a few reps at Landon homes very well and they are great to work with.

Buy/sell through me and Ill move you for FREE*!!!

*some restrictions apply contact me for details*
I am spending almost 1/2 million on a Landon home and I can't get any true information relative to when my house will be at least 60 days out. Horrible treatment and would not recommend Landon homes to anyone coming to the area or moving within the community of DFW.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 29, 2013
Kbuck I am very sorry for your experience with this builder. Are you still in the process of getting your home built? Often times home buyers think having an agent when building or buying a new construction home is totally unnecessary but it is unfortunate experiences like this that we like to keep from happening. I have worked with Landon homes before with great results. If you are still having issues I would love to help.

Riana Keve, KW realty
http://www.rianakeve.com
214-641-9687
Flag Wed Mar 5, 2014
landon homes (richwoods place)particularly frisco community is very horrible at service. heard they are nice till the siginging of the home , but we faced that one was horrible too. when compared to other builders this is very frustrating experience. we moved in to the home, which we wanted to be a nice and happier one, but because of the people in the sales are very unsupportive still not able to feel good at it.

Hope this goes to manamgement and please change the sales ppl in richoowds place frisco, that will be great for customers and also for the company. these people dont know how to treat customers, they are looking customers like some lower people, not sure why they dont know we are also the same like them. Had a good experience with electricity (sherry) she is very good with customers.

The Quality of work is horrible!! Our 4 year old could have done a better job with many of the finishings. We have been in our new home for a month, there are crooked walls everywhere, the grout is coming up in all the downstairs tile, all of the crown molding in the home has dents, nicks, and scratches, there is caulk and paint splatter all over the tile and fixtures. The brick work was done incorrectly on the side of the house. Light fixtures were put in the wrong places. The wrong tile was put in the bathrooms. The wrong grout was put in the downstairs tile and we had to fight for a month to get it fixed. With every walk though we did with the builder and mentioned issues we had with things, he told us we were wrong and didn't know what we were talking about. The grading in the yard is incorrect and every time it rains or we use the sprinklers there are huge mud holes that don't drain. All in all we wish we went with a different builder, the customer service is horrible. we feel that we purchased a 10 yr old preowned home, not a new build home.
I know John Landon personally as I use to work with him at another builder before he started Landon Homes. I also know 90% of his sales people in the communities. He has a good operation and is building a solid home. I dont think you have anything to worry about except for getting a good deal on one which is why you would want to get in with a good agent. Let me know how your experience was if you have already closed.
Web Reference: http://www.realtordamon.com
Landon Homes quality and customer service is very poor. Stop posting rubbish.
Flag Sun Apr 27, 2014
Non Sense. We know you are paid commission and this is your job, but do not mislead others into putting down their hard earned money and buying from them.
Flag Wed Mar 5, 2014
Non sense
Flag Tue Dec 10, 2013
No Brainer, i would prefer frisco with frisco schools. Stay away from little elm
Stay away from Little Elm??? God Little Elm is just Like Frisco was 10 years ago....give the place a chance...
Flag Tue May 6, 2014
I also agree with my peers: The professional opinion of a Realtor is not something a good one would just give away on a public forum. We do this for a living. We reserve our opinions, based on a hard-earned knowledge of our chosen work area, for our clients.

I would have to meet you, and we can see what best fits your needs and budget. You can always reach me at (972) 757-4527, or feel free to email me at Barbara.Capobianco@cbdfw.com
The professional opinion of a Realtor is not something a good one would just give away on a public forum. We do this for a living. We reserve our opinions, based on a hard-earned knowledge of our chosen work area, for our clients.

Interview a few agents and decide who you are comfortable with. If they steer you away from an area without so much as a look, keep interviewing. If you are curious about Frisco and Little Elm, you should be shown properties in a preview appointment in both cities and be allowed to make up your own mind which community suits you best. Comparing and contrasting cities is a big part of the service we provide to our cilents. If we cannot discuss them both casually and comfortably, then that's a sign the agent doesn't work enough in that area to be considered a local expert.

Best of luck to you.
Ronda
Professional realtor can't make a comment would doubt on this forum you will find a local resident assist with your answers.

Have you made attempts to visit local park talk to residents

Contact city for their welcome package .

Your Realtor should be asisting you with additional guidance for your home purchase

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
I would think about where you work and need to drive.
If you work in Corinth for example, might be nicer to live in Little Elm.
If you work in Plano, you might want to live in Frisco.
I would certainly make the drive at traffic times from your potential home to your work site.
They are very different places to me. Little Elm is almost all bedroom community.
Frisco has more tax revenue sources such as the mall. This can mean a huge difference
in the finances of the community.
Finances are different too.....different incomes and different home prices between the two cities.
You can look that up on lots of different sites and see if one is a better fit for you than another.
Remember...always use a realtor when you buy a new home.
Just having someone on your side fighting through all the little problems that come up is well
worth it versus going at it alone.
Check out:
http://teamlynn.yourkwagent.com/atj/user/AdditionalGetAction…
To search for other new homes in Frisco check out:
http://www.mlsfinder.com/tx_ntreis/robertbrucelynn/index.cfm…
To search for other new homes in Little Elm check out:

The other idea I would recommedn is looking at resales and not just new homes. Due to the amount of foreclosures in both cities you can probably make a much much better deal on a resale versus buying new.

Bruce Lynn
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
You really should have a real estate agent working with you to make sure there are no surprises with the contract, while building, during walk throughs and closing.

There is a great website you can go to for more information on the builder and neighborhood you are looking at, take a look there and see what you think.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask, you can give me a call or email me back.

Good Luck....

Joann K Jackson
214-697-0819
Email: joann.jackson@verizon.net
We work with many new home builders and in these specific towns. Feel free to call and we can discuss your needs to find the perfect home. Daniel 214.704.8246.
Web Reference: http://Www.RosserTeam.com