Home Buying in Noblesville>Question Details

Newfamily, Home Buyer in Noblesville, IN

Any advice on new home builders in the $300,00-$350,000 range?

Asked by Newfamily, Noblesville, IN Tue Feb 28, 2012

We are looking to build and it seems the list of builders in the area has decreased over the years. We have narrowed it down to Pulte, Ryland and Fischer Homes.

Answers

6
Amy Smay’s answer
Hello! Please be sure to stop by the Essex of Noblesville, which is being built and developed by Silverthorne Homes. We are a local home builder with an excellent reputation -- our owner has been building homes in the Indianapolis metropolitan area for nearly twenty years.

Our goal is to provide high-end luxury homes that give you the flexibility to individually customize our designs to fit your lifestyle. Our homes range from the $290's - $500's in Essex of Noblesville. I am the builder representative and would be more than happy to answer your questions with honesty and integrity. I have sold new homes for the past twenty five years and have worked for several of the big production builders, so I am very familiar with the industry. I am also a licensed real estate broker in Indiana and three other states.

Please let me know if I may be of assistance to you in your search for a new home!

Amy Smay
Community Sales Manager
SILVERTHORNE HOMES
(317) 774-2620 office
AmyS@SilverthorneHomes.com
By the way, PLEASE bring your real estate agent! All are correct -- it doesn't cost you a dime, and we will all work together to make your home buying and building process and wonderful experience :)
Flag Sun Jul 15, 2012
Unfortunately we have lost some good builders over the last few years, including Estridge (which only is doing custom homes) and Davis, which also was a quality local builder. David Weekley Homes entered the market earlier this year and has taken over a lot of the Estridge neighboods. In addition to Pulte, Ryland and Fischer, M/I Homes and Drees, both have nice floor plans and are in good neighborhoods in your price range. Centex is now part of Pulte. Your best bet is to work with a real estate agent who has experience with builders and understands how to negotiate on your behalf. Like others have mentioned, it will not cost you more to work with a real estate agent. In fact, you're likely to get a better deal when you have someone looking out for your best interest. Builders are not going to give you a better price if you don't have a real estate agent. Most builders pay real estate commissions from a completely separate budget, so it's not factored into the price of your home.
In addition to looking at models and floor plans, I also recommend going to exisiting neighborhoods to see how homes look after five, 10 or even 15 years. Again, your real estate agent can help you identify neighborhoods for you to look at.

Good luck. Always happy to answer questions if you have others.

Laura
Not to keep repeating the same thing you've already been told, but it does help to have repeated answers so you know it's the right information.....but they are all correct. These are all good quality builders & they all have great reputations but you DO need to remember that the sales rep in the model does work for the builder. While they make you think they're looking out for you they do still have that obligation to their employer. Joe is correct in that they have no legal obligation to you or your interests.....we, as Realtors DO have that legal obligation! The home building (and buying) processing can be overwhelming. If you need help or want someone to lean on during this process & to help guide you through it please utilize the FREE services of a Realtor. As a buyer you pay nothing to use the great service & abilities of a Realtor. I, too live in the area. I was born & raised here in Noblesville so I know Hamilton County pretty well. Please feel free to contact me, or any Realtor you're comfortable with, with any other questions! Good luck!

Misti Ray, Realtor
Prudential Indiana Realty Group
317-431-9247-cell
mray@prudentialindiana.com
http://www.mray.prudentialindiana.com
All the builders you asked about are good builders. Each has their own 'thing' and 'look'. If you are looking to build, like the others suggest, make sure you have an agent representing you! It doesn't cost you anything to have an agent. Builders aren't bad people, but they are out to make money for themselves. Make sure someone is looking out for you!!!

Call if you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them.
I agree that it is in your best interest to have a Realtor working with you! You will not pay more for the home if you have a realtor as the comission fees have already been determined by the builder. The builder is NOT looking out for your best interest. A Realtor will also know what "deals" can be made with each builder and help determine what you should ask for when negotiating.

I live & specialize in Noblesville and have worked with many builders. Please let me know if I can help! http://SoldBySheets.com

Andy Sheets, REALTOR
CENTURY 21 Scheetz
373-3434
Andy.Sheets@Century21.com
Web Reference: http://soldbysheets.com
Newfamily:

Great question. I recommend engaging your Buyer's Agent very early on in the process.

Some things to remember: the model rep is not your friend. They work for the builder, and their loyalty lies with the Builder. They have no legal or ethical obligation to protect you or your interest.

Here's a podcast I did a while back that might help you make the best decisions you can for your family: http://joeshoe.podbean.com/2011/11/17/thinking-of-building-a…

If I can serve as your Buyer's Agent, it would be my pleasure.

Joe Shoemaker
Principal Broker, REALTOR®
MacDuff Realty Group, LLC
317 413.8501
joe@joeshoe.com
http://www.facebook.com/joeshoe
http://twitter.com/#!/jojosmojo