ash.ferrar, Home Buyer in Saint Petersburg, FL

Any advice for two couples looking to buy some land together? Should we co-op? joint ownership? How do we handle the legal portion & deeds, etc?

Asked by ash.ferrar, Saint Petersburg, FL Sun May 5, 2013

We're looking for 5 acres more like 10 that we can live on, have some livestock (alpacas, horses, goats, sheep maybe a couple of cows). Also will be doing above ground hydroponic organic farming. We would prefer land that already has some buildings such as a small home or trailer, barns, fences etc. We also need a location within an hour's drive of Pinellas. We are working with an agent but was curious what would be said here.

you really need to talk with a real estate attorney and your financial advaisors., Sounds like this may also be some type of business, so a corportation of some sort may be called for. Your agent should be able to give you a couple of names.
Thank you for the advice, I will definitely talk to my agent about this. Thanks for the suggestion about the I4 corridor, had not thought about that!

Thank you again!
You might consider locating near the I-4 corridor with the idea that one day there may be high speed rail and could make "grocery" shopping at your place easy and popular.
While Marge and I are not related, I agree. Your question is best and ONLY answered by a Real Estate attorney. And it is not that simple of a question as it needs lots information not here supplied.

I have a great attorney that is in St. Pete, if you would like his name, please give me a call at 352-978-4539. Real Estate is all he does.

Flag Mon Sep 29, 2014