Home Buying in Miami>Question Details

Sam Zipursky, Home Buyer in Outside U.S.

Any accountants or lawyers that deal directly with Canadians and can help me?

Asked by Sam Zipursky, Outside U.S. Fri Jun 8, 2012

Hi there I've just finished a trip down to Miami and looking to potentially buy a condo in the next few months. I'm Canadian and I know there are lots of little details regarding taxes, IRS, etc that I need to be aware about before I buy a place.

Can anyone give me info to a lawyer, accounant, resource, or company that has actual knowledge and experience in dealing specifically with Canadian buyers and can help point me in the right direction?

Thank you in advance.

Answers

12
Steve (888) 662-4404’s answer
You need to talk with a Lender or Mortgage Broker as we're the ones who know loan guidelines.

FN (Foreign National) loans require a minimum of 25% down.

If you are self employed, like 95% of Americans, you are taking advantage of all write offs to make yourself look as poor as possible.

Contact me and I'll tell you waht to do to qualify for the best terms.

http://www.pro-option.com
Hi Sam,
Please email me at homes@ militzafernandez.com. I specialize in the Canadian market and travel to Montreal back and forth to promote FL there. I have an immigration attorney for Canadians, a CPA for Canadian tax actions and also a financial planner for Canadians investing in FL. I can do all transactions in French if need so, from here or Canada. All these contacts are Canadians based in FL. I also have a great Canadian owned insurer for your purchase and Canadian contractor for remodeling. All of these professionals are bilingual(French and English)
I am looking forward to speking with you soon!
Abientot
Militza Fernandez
Florida Realty Elite
http://www.floridarealtyelite.com
http://www.canadianbuysfloridaproperties.com
Email:homes@militzafernandez.com
954-674-1869
Hello Sam,

I can refer you to a Law Office in Ford Lauderdale that has Canadien employes, my client from Quebec has closed with them.
Please fee ree to contact me,

Rosie Morot- Gaudry
Realty World Center
305 586 2305
rmorot@bellsouth.net
http://www.rosieagent.com
Hello Sam,

Canadians are not treated any differently from any other foreign national.
I have both - a CPA that I could recommend, an attorney who has done a lot of business with Canadian clients...

What you need to know, that you can't overstay in the US (no more than 181 days).
You should open a company when buying in the US (which the CPA will help you with).
This is to avoid potential taxation by US government (when you'll be selling).
Please read on FIRPTA law.

When you are here in Miami, I'll be happy to provide you with more info on all involved.

Hope this helps,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
IrinaKaran@gmail.com
Hi Sam
Theirs not a lot involved if your buying cash there are no extra tax involved,if u need a loan then the tax situation for foreign buyers would apply ,call me if
I can help u find a condo an any help with financing 305 300 8540
Anthony
Sam is not just about what taxes involves in a Real Estate Transaction, If you need help looking for your Condo in a Sunshine State, and referral to a Real Estate Lawyer, right here a Realtor beside you helping thru the entire situation to have smooth transaction.

Contact nfigueroa3199@hotmail.com
Hello Mr. Zipursky,

Our team and my self will love to guide you throu the whole process. If you are interesting in buying the property in Miami we work with attorneys and title companies that once we have the property of your interest will guide you on every single detail to be able to acomplish the purchase. Call us or let us know your email information to send you the available properties in the areas that you will be interested and the price range.

God bless .
Maria Cancio
786-255-1970
Thomas Della Vecchia.
305-710-6027
Irlen Cancio
786-238-3663
One Stop Realty is all you need.
I know a few who can help you.
http://www.yolandecitro.com/
Hello Mr. Zipursky, as a canadian citizen you are considered a foreign national. Although slight different guidelines for financing, as a purchaser you are a foreign national and therefore you could have tax consequences if not purchased properly. Meaning, corporate owned. I am the broker of Sky-Land international Realty; office in Miami and I do specialize in foreign nationals. Please contact me at iris.i.romero@skylandrealty.us

Iris I. Romero
Web Reference: http://skylandrealty.us
Good Morning Mr. Zipursky,

I have not worked with Canadians, but I am currently working with a family from Argentina that is purchasing a condo on the beach and have placed them in touch with an attorney that has worked with foreign buyers and she will know how to guide you on the process and some of the best ways to set things up. Additionally, she can set you up with an accountant that can advise you of tax consequences and preparations you would need to make in order to purchase a property. Each circumstance is different and it is always best to deal directly with those that specialize in that. Please feel free to contact me and I will provide you with her name and contact information. Good luck with your purchase.

Lila Lopez
RE/MAX Advance Realty
305-772-2521
homesbylila@yahoo.com
Kurt Zoeller here - licensed as a broker with Beachfront Realty having offices in Aventura, Miami Beach, and Pembroke Pines. To get specific information you have to make contact with an experienced realtor like myself, plus a good solid title insurance guarantee company like Town & Country Title in Pembroke Pines.
E-mail me at zoezkz@aol.com with your full criteria (i.e. type and size of condo, anticipated price, financing situation or cash etc. and I will thereupon put you in touch with Town & Country and also e-mail you brochures of properties fitting your criteria.
You can contact Jorge Alvarez at 786 256 0118 he is a CPA and hi will inform you all the details to do that.