Home Buying in San Francisco>Question Details

Jena Beaver, Home Owner in Los Feliz, Los Angeles...

Any SF buyers' agents with bank relationships (REOs) and expertise in Glen Park/Bernal area?

Asked by Jena Beaver, Los Feliz, Los Angeles, CA Sun Apr 22, 2012

Answers

3
Manzar D. Azari , MBA’s answer
Hello Jena:
For sure we can help you. Please contact me ASAP.

Warmest Regards,
Manzar D. Azari, MBA, Broker, Realtor
Founder/President
"2012, Top Women Owned Business in CA"
http://www.theazarigroup.com
(415) 377-4115
In my experience, agents that list Bank owned property are highly discouraged from representing the buyers interest. Usually they will refer you to an associate agent. This allows them to select the best offer for the REO bank.

As far as San Francisco goes there are very few foreclosures in the areas you mentioned. If you find one, its clear why it foreclosed as it is going to be expensive to fix or make a good floor plan from a poor one. (or a rental) I have seen many foreclosed properties in Excelsior, Portal and the Bay view. The better properties priced over $500k will be fixed by the banks and often have many offers on them.

You need an agent who will send you listings the day they come on the market. Then the listing agents have to follow a few simple rules. Only offers from owner/buyers / first time buyers after 7-8 days will be considered and then investors can have a shot at it after 14 days have lapsed.

Are you prepared to do the hard work alongside your agent and get out and see these bargains quickly? Do you know that the list price is most likely a starting point price? San Francisco is a competitive market place. Are you ready for the challenge? I wish you great success.
Jena,

The answer to this question is contained in the previous question you posted and which I just answered.

Feel free to call me at 415-200-7202.