Home Buying in Cornelius>Question Details

karenmcgee99, Home Buyer in Sarasota, FL

Antiquity Subdivision a good buy?

Asked by karenmcgee99, Sarasota, FL Sat Feb 9, 2013

We are currently visiting NC from Florida for a possible relocation. We have looked at different areas/subdivisions and really liked the look and feel of Antiquity. It seems there are mixed feelings about the place online. There is talk of a potential deal for Harris Teeter supermarket going in Antiquity and I'm guessing if that happens then other retail might follow? Does Antiquity seems like a good buy for a walkable family friendly community? Or do you think the retail/railway is not going to happen anytime soon?

Answers

5
Good evening, Karen:
There are several different builders and price points in Antiquity. That Cunnane is involved in the amenities will assure that it is quality http://www.cunnanegroup.com/community_antiquity Antiquity will have up to 1000 single family and multi-family homes priced from the high 200's to low 500's when completed. The town homes are all brick and homes are a nice mix with a southern style and flair with big wrap around porches and columns.

The Cornelius community features offers a 1500 seat amphitheater, 30 acre park, community pool, a life size checkerboard and splash fountain and an $800,000 wooded covered bridge . People walk or ride bikes 9 small parks throughout Antiquity.

Antiquity is close to Birkdale for shopping and eating, 14 miles from Uptown Charlotte and just a few miles from Lake Norman. There is a great streetscape and plans for Antiquity shopping and restaurants - which usually come after there are enough rooftops and residents to support them. The LYNX light rail extension will probably happen after the connection to the University area is made. 2034 is the current projected full build out completion date.

Bottom line is that Antiquity should be a great place to live for years to come. Services and transportation will arrive, but it could take years or even decades. If you have a full time agent with a Masters degree in Planning with Finance and over two decades of experience, working for you, you will likely do better in negotiations. I'd be pleased to provide that service. If you appreciate this answer, please give it a thumbs up, or if this was the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a best answer click.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 9, 2013
Cornelius in general is a great place to live with a family! The designers and the planners do a great job ensuring total family health and convenience. Also putting your needs first is the first class police and fire departments, they truly are the best! If there are retailers that follow, it is all pretty much the same and it would follow the Harris Teeter theme of high standards. You would be proud to call Antiquity your home!
I have been living in a townhouse in Antiquity since August of 2008. I do not like the HOA. If you do not mind the 80 pages of rules you will probably like it. It is a quiet place and my neighbors are good. I like the convenient location. I just wish that the HOA would lighten up. In my opinion, some of the rules are stupid, and do not serve the residents well. I would highly recommend inquiring about all of the rules before you buy here. If you do not mind any of them, you will probably like it here.
Hi Karen,

I too have moved from South Florida to the Lake Norman area. My wife and I have lived in the area for 14 years with our triplet boys and really love the area. I have helped many people buying around Lake Norman and can do the same for you. Antiquity is a nice community that is in close proximity to the highway, Davidson and restaurants. However, there are a number of very desirable neighborhoods throughout the Lake Norman region. I agree with John in that it could be years before you see the railway become active. If you like just send me your criteria for a home and I can get you started on a client gateway that will update daily on homes that come on the market. Also, you can visit our site at http://www.lakenormanwaterfrontrealestate.com

Mike Carpino
704 301-9264
Mike@lakeandtown.com
Hi Karen!

I think the lightrail coming up that way will be years from now due to many setbacks on the expansion. Please feel free to call or email me directly to discuss your potential relocation, I will help guide you to figure out where the best spot for you and your family may be.

I work with buyers and it won't cost you anything extra when buying to use me!

John Siddons
john.siddons@prucarolinas.com
704-458-1843