Home Buying in Lake Nona>Question Details

Gary H, Home Buyer in Sarasota, FL

Am trying to find a house to rent for approx 3 nights that is close to either a) Dr Phillips or b) Lake Nona?

Asked by Gary H, Sarasota, FL Thu Apr 18, 2013

This is with a view to convincing my wife and two children that it is right to leave England and move to Orlando.

We have a vacation booked for July 2013 and i am looking to rent for 3 nights possibly starting 19 July 2013

Would appreciate any help that you can give in my search

Many thanks

Answers

4
Hi Gary
you do not seem to get it. You can only do Short term rental in certain areas. Orange County DOES NOT ALLOW STR in single family homes (Villas to you )
you will need to stay in the Disney Vacation home area and it is unlikely that anyone will be bothered with a 3 night rental. Sorry but I an a straight from the sholder kind of guy

best of luck getting the family to move

All the best

Alan
Hi Gary,

The closest vacation rentals to Dr. Phillips will be the condos and townhomes in Vista Cay which is located off of Universal Blvd. about a 10 minute drive away.

You can see the location on this labeled Google Map together with a few other popular short term rental communities. http://goo.gl/maps/WIQN

If you want an actual house, you'll need to look in Kissimmee such as the other communities listed (and more). These will be about 25 minutes away.

You can search our company's Vista Cay rentals here http://www.bferryhomes.com/VacationRentalSearch
and reach Reservations at +1-877-423-1017. You would have to ask if we had any units which can accommodate a short 3 night stay not only something which is available, but also a unit which will accept something other than our normal minimum. It's definitely possible.

Play with your dates at the link above. The results will show actual units available including photos. You can learn a bit more about the Vista Cay Resort on my website at http://www.bferryhomes.com/VistaCayAndIslesAtCayCommonsForSale

If it looks interesting to you, you are welcome to email me at info@bferryhomes.com and I can ask a Reservationist to contact you via email instead if you prefer to avoid long distance phone charges.

Alternately, there are many hotels, including suite options, on or around International Drive near Dr. Phillips. One which recently opened on the edge of Dr. Phillips' "Restaurant Row" is the Drury Inn & Suites at the corner of Sand Lake Road and Turkey Lake Road.

Brent Ferry, REALTOR
Global Real Estate Services, Inc.
I imagine you'll have a hard time renting for only 3 nights. You may want to post on craigslist
Hi Gary, I think I said last week that you will not be able to rent for 3 nights in those areas. They are not zoned for short term rental. You should be able to find a home for 3 nights but it will be in a short term rental area down in Davenport or Kissimmee. It will be busy at that time of the year with holiday makers.

I emigrated here from the UK in 2009, if you need any help with any of this then email me at deanking@iris-int.com I will be pleased to help you