Emelyn, Home Buyer in Saint Augustine, FL

Am looking for house with "mother-in-law" accomodations?

Asked by Emelyn, Saint Augustine, FL Thu Jul 16, 2009

Would prefer property to back up to or be near marshlands or other nature/water access

Hi Emelyn,

There are several options for your "mother-in-law". You can choose a bonus room, a separate guest house or a second master bedroom. These all will afford privacy and proximity so you'll have peace of mind that they are safe and taken care of. Good Luck! if you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.
You have the option of building a new home with mother-in-law suite or we can find a resale that already has that configuration. I would be glad to set you up to do MLS searches if you would like to see what is out there. Good Luck.

Dawn Spencer, Realtor
Magnolia Properties
Dear Evelyn,
We live in the popular Julington Creek Plantation in Saint Johns, FL. Our house is two stories and 3500 sq. ft., 6 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, living room, family room w/ gas fireplace, kitchen is open to the family room with breakfast bar, 42" upgraded maple cabinets w/ corian countertops, black appliances, smooth top range with warming drawer and more, kitchen and family room is a series of windows opening on to a breathtaking view of a 4.8 acre lake to wooded wetlands that they have declared they'd never build on. We enjoy not only breathtaking views of FL waterbirds, but also deer, turkey, turtles, otters, etc. We're on a 80' lot and with our two story house we have a smaller house footprint that allows for an even bigger side yard areas. Our landscaping is FL oaks, crepe myrtles, fruit trees and plants all of which stay green year around. My mother enjoys handicap entry to home, downstairs batroom complete with a Premiere walk-in spa tub/shower and her own living room. The upstairs has a media room with surround sound, crown molding with a double French pocket door entry. The bedrooms upstairs are spacious. There is a double door entry into the very large master bedroom with double windows opening onto a breathtaking view of the lake. The master bath has separate walk-in shower, garden tub, travertine tile and marble countertops with a glass block window above the garden tub. We plan to put our home on the market soon. We will be listing the home at $349,000 and plan to put it on the market any day now. I'd be happy to send you pictures of our home, etc. if you are interested. My emaill is sjthacker43@yahoo.com
Hi Emelyn,
I have a beautiful listing that has an "inlaw" space. If that does not work, there are others. My email address is joycehaley@watsonrealtycorp.com & I would be happy to assist you!
Joyce Haley, GRI
Watson Realty Corp.

There is a few for sale in St Augustine. What is your price range?

It's a good life,

John McElroy
Premier Properties
Realty Group Inc

John McElroy was the RE/MAX Rookie of the Year for 2007. In 2008, John finished in the top 30 Realtors for St Johns County and was awarded the prestigious RE/MAX 100% Club Award. Jacksonville Homebuyer Magazine named John a FIVE STAR Best in Client Satisfaction Real Estate Agent for 2009. John specializes in helping sellers and buyers find their way in this difficult market.
I have several such properties in St Augustine I can show you.
If you send me your e-mail address and/or phone number,
I'd like to ask a few details about number of bedrooms, bathrooms,
house size,and price level, etc. I can then send
you properties for you to preview on-line.
Entirely without obligation!

Await your contact.

Phil Orrill
New World Realty & Property Management, Inc
St Augustine, Florida
Cell: (904) 377-1016
Certified International Property Specialist (CIPS)
Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR)
Transnational Referral Certification (TRC)