Home Buying in Buffalo Mills>Question Details

Kristi, Home Buyer in 15522

Am I eligible for the $8,000 tax credit for first-time homebuyers if I am using an PHFA loan with the HOMEstead program?

Asked by Kristi, 15522 Mon Dec 7, 2009

Is it possible to benefit both home buying incentives, one offered by the state and another by the federal government? Or will I be required to use the $8,000 tax credit to repay the HOMEstead forgiveable no interest loan?

Answers

3
Hello Kristi! Yes if you qualify for any of the Programs available through PHFA you can get both deals. But, what you can not do is use the PHFA TCA Tax Credit advance program to get some of the money up front so you do not have to wait for the 8000 in your tax return...which is taking about 12 to 24 weeks to get back.

Here is a guide direct from PHFA that may answer some of your other questions too!

Good Luck Kristi!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 7, 2009
For an accurate answer you need to speak with your tax consultant.
I am not sure what the HOMEstead is, but you can use forgivable grants in addition to the $8,000 tax credit.