ck.powell, Other/Just Looking in Norfolk, VA

Am I able to close on a house in VA, while we are in CA (will see in person first) by using a notary or at the local branch office here?

Asked by ck.powell, Norfolk, VA Wed Apr 3, 2013

Answers

10
You can choose a home but I think it would be easier to do in person.l
Thanks for all of the answers! This makes me feel so much better knowing I don't have to wait around in a hotel running up an extra bill just to wait for closing!
The wonders of FedEx! You can close anywhere in the world as along as you can sit in front of a notary to sign the docs.

Drew Hitt
YES! We just did one with a home buyer in HI last month. They were military.
Yes you sure can. You can also give Power of Attorney to a Real estate lawyer, who will then sign on your behalf.
Yes you can. I am a US NAVY Veteran as well as the Husband of an Active duty US Army Spouse. We bought our home here in Virginia after being relocated from California, so I am very familiar with the process. Give me a call if you have any questions and/or need any assistance.

Best Regards;
Anthony Alleva, CSSA
Certified Short Sale Agent
REO REALTOR®
License #0225-205922
Allison James Estates & Homes
601 Dinwiddie Street
Portsmouth, VA 23704
Toll Free (800) 215-0211
Email: info@anthonyalleva.com
Website: http://www.AnthonyAlleva.com
Yes, in fact I am working with a client who lives in CT. Please call me and I can arrange to meet you in person to explain the process.Michael W. Snead,Realtor,Nancy Chandler Associates, 7572866757
Kevin is right on. Try Brian McCarty at Sage Title Group 757-536-1614. He'll do a great job for you.
Bruce Gray
Long and Foster
757-567-3425
CK,
Yes you can! My attorney uses a notary even a couple of cities over from Virginia Beach, so it is not a problem at all.
In this area we have a heavy rotation of Military and business people, so we are used to buyers and even sellers, that are out of town. As Real Estate Agent's we even have a new system to email contracts and have clients digitally sign docuements.
So let me know what you need and I will put you in contact with the Closing Attorney that I use. Thanks for the question.

Kevin Monette, REALTOR®, ABR®, SFR®
2012 Circle of Excellence Winner
ABR® = Accredited Buyer’s Representative Designation
SFR® = Short Sales and Foreclosure Resource Certification
William E. Wood At The Mall
Cell # 757-735-2628
Fax # 757-473-0187