Mhern, Home Buyer in Pembroke Pines, FL

All the condo/apartments I see in my price range seem to be in Century Village but I'm not elderly. Could I still purchase a condo there?

Asked by Mhern, Pembroke Pines, FL Thu Jun 7, 2012

Answers

6
The answer is YES -- but one of the person's living there must be over 55. In essence either your husband must be over 55 or you may be the live-in child (age 18+) of an over 55 parent. Children under 18 are only allowed, per Assoc Rules, to spend no more than 30 nights during a year.

If you are investing, then the tenant must meet the above age restrictions. As an investor, you are only allowed to own up to 5 units in your name. Thus, how you title the property could potentially make a big difference on the number of units you could own within Century Village.

My wife and I own property in Century Village -- neither one of us qualifies to live in it at this time.

Ivan J Gonzalez, CDPE
The Realtor Who "HATS" It All and An Investors Best Friend
Cocho Int'l Realty
786-587-4929; Fax 786-524-0130
email: ivan@IvanJGonzalez.com
web: http://www.IvanJGonzalez.com
Century Village it's a very nice community to live in.
We have sold multiple units there, and some of the reason our buyers purchase a condominium at Century Village in Pembroke Pines Fl. Was the security and convenience available to the owners.
According to the association one of the occupants has to be 55 Years of age or more in order to buy one of the condo units.
My experience is that they are very consistent about it, and there are other restrictions in place that you must know about, before spending lots of time, money and possible emotional attachment to the community.
No. You can only purchase in Century Village if you are 55 or older. You can only apply once you and/or your husband is 55 or older. Also, keep in mind there is only cash deals in this community.

Miguel W. Maria, P.A., CDPE, e-PRO, TRC.
Sales Manager / Lic. Broker Associate / Member of Weichert, Reators President Club
Distressed Property Expert / e-Marketing Expert / Transnational Referral Certified
Lead & Relocation Specialist / State Certified Residential Appraiser
Personal Assistant: 954.683.3280
Cell: 786.897.6325
Basically, the answer to that question is no. Those communities are deed restricted, and you need to meet their age requirements.

Are you looking to invest or to purchase a property? I see some other inexpensive places in Pembroke Pines.

Give me a call and we can discuss your situation more specifically. 786-332-7042
Hi Mhem,

The short answer, yes. HOWEVER, you will not be able to live there. The association states that at least one person living in the unit must be 55 or older. :-(
Most of those communities are 55+ with an allowance for a percentage to be younger. Main restriction is no one under 18 can live there. To be sure, check the condo docs or with the association management company.,