Home Buying in Tampa>Question Details

Alberta Inve…, Home Buyer in ?

Alberta investor would like to buy a property as a rental investment

Asked by Alberta Investor, ? Sun Sep 9, 2012

I would like to work with a realtor who understands the rental investment business. Some one who can research rental rates, return on investment and manage the property or find a good property manager.

Answers

13
Dwight A. McDonald PA’s answer
Hi Alberta Investor.
Did you find a suitable candidate to work with yet? If not, please check out our Website at http://www.irptampabay.com. We specialize in working with international investors, locating off the market distressed properties, and property management.
Kind Regards,

Dwight A. McDonald PA
Broker, Realtor® CDPE,ABR,CPMS
CDPE-Certified Distressed Property Expert
ABR-Accredited Buyer Representative
CPMS-Certified Property Management Specialist
Certified Fannie Mae CreditSmart® Trainer

Please note our address has changed:
International Realty Plus-Tampa Bay
1313 Providence Road
Brandon, FL 33511-4885
Phone (813) 629-6954
Fax (813) 569-1772
http://www.irptampabay.com
How can I help?

Jeff Metcalf, REALTOR(R)
Watson Realty Corp.
(904)495-0115

http://www.Realty2Reality.com
I work with a Team Purchase , Rental and Rehab. We work with investors from Isreal,Canada and India. Please contact and I will share with you what we do.

Michal Rhodus
Homeward Real Estate
813-367-7806
Yellowfin Realty would be more than happy to work with you. We have represented several Canadian investors over the years. We have a property management company as well. Feel free to call Yellowfin Realty at 813.545.5550! We have a unique investment product that i would love to share with you!
I got a home on singer island water front on deep water canle five min walk to the ocean I have the home on the market for 550.000 it is a investors dream 4 beadroom 2 bath address is 1160 bimini lane riviera beach fl singer island zipe coad 33404 you can pull it up on TRULIA OR ZILLOW WEB SITE THIS HOME WILL NOT LAST LONG AT THIS PRICE.IT IS A INVESTORS DREAM.
Alberta,
I am a broker and work with other investors like you. If you wish to interview me please feel free to call anytime. I am one that does answer the phone as well as email, text etc. My career started in 1984 and still very active and building my business here in Florida. Thank you for your time.
Dennis Lockhart
Living Waters Realty LLC
727-204-0275 Mobile
We have been investing in rental real estate since the late 80s. We are expert in all aspects from acquisition to ongoing management. Feel free to contact us and we can discuss your needs.
I would be happy to help you if you're looking in Southwest Florida, Cape Coral/ Fort Myers area. I have many references from happy investors, many from Canada. Let me know if I can help. nancy.doyle1@comcast.net 239-209-2237

Have a great day,
Nancy
-
This is not a hard task, but you're going to have a hard time getting any realtor to put forth much effort if you're not purchasing a property or properties over a certain amount. If you are purchasing $250,000 of more, you'll attract more experienced realtors than you would at $100,000.

Unless you are paying cash, (And Can Prove Funds in Advance) you should concider taking the most basic step to get pre approved to obtain a letter and be willing to deposit at least $5,000 or 5%, which ever is more, in a Title Company's Escrow account.

Take my advice and the process will go a lot smoother for you.

See Rental Property Loans below

Steve McRory http://www.pro-option.com
===
Dear Alberta Investor,

There are two aspects to consider when looking into the purchase of an investment property; the return on revenue you can reasonable expect based on the purchase price and the location and how it might be affected by future price appreciation.

When looking at project returns you need to carefully evaluate the purchase price and ongoing expenses like association fees, property taxes, insurance, etc. You also need to thoroughly investigate the current rental climate in the area surrounding the property. What are similar properties renting for, how quickly are the renting, how many similar properties are out there for rent, etc.

You also need to carefully evaluate the condition of the property and determine what expenses may be incurred in getting the property into rental condition. Many of my clients prefer to put hard surface flooring throughout as it stands up to wear and tear better than soft goods. One thing many investors overlook is if you are in an association will they accepts pets. Many pet lovers have a difficult time finding home that will accept their pets and this can be a huge benefit to investors. If you find a pet friendly situation it will make it easier in most locations to find tenants willing to pay a little more.

Future appreciation is hard to put a precise number on but the better the location the higher that appreciation will probably be. You can expect a little lower up front returns (in my area from 4% to 6% cash on cash returns) compared with up to 10% in less desirable areas and product types.

The best thing you can do is locate a qualified Realtor who can properly assist you in locating good opportunities and be ready to act quickly when the right opportunities present themselves. If your search brings you to Palm Beach or Martin Counties I would be very happy to work with you towards meeting your goals. The current market is really a perfect storm and in my opinion Florida real estate in the right location is one of the absolute best investment opportunities we will see in our lifetimes.

Best of luck and if I can offer anything additional please let me know.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
May I suggest Brad and Stacey Chais. They work together one does the real estate portion and one does property management. As I have found over and over again - its rare to find an investment agent who also property manages well. You can't be out scouting "tons" of properties and handling the day to day functions of managing multiple rental properties. They have the experience of owning and managing their own property, have done self directed IRA purchases, and I have worked with Brad on commercial properties for his clients. Email bradley@teamchais.com . Good luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
We have worked and continue to work with investors, even in a seller's market that we are having here in Tampa. Because the rental market is very strong, ROI's of 10% or more are doable.
let us know if we can help.

Bill Szydlowski
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
Hello.contact me and I can help you. Selling investment properties, obtain renters and arrange in house management in Central Florida West Coast. I can get you the best agent for you anywhere in florida right away.
Sandra sanna

Coldwell banker
727 439 4400
Sandra.sanna@floridamoves.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012