Larry, Home Buyer in 10013

Ahwatukee over 55 houses?

Asked by Larry, 10013 Mon Oct 26, 2009

I am three years away from retirement.Currently 52 years old. No children. I had seen some houses in ahwatukee that had an age of 55 . If I buy I'd like to fix up and maybe use for vacations until I retire. Is it possible? How is the area near Ahwatukee country club? There are some older 2 bedroom ranch homes.
Thanks for the help.

Larry in NYC.

Hello Larry,
I have been selling ahwatukee for 25 years . I moved here from Long Island. I was just VOTED BEST AGENT in the Ahwatukee Foothills tribune news (again). I am your neighbirhood expert.
Pam Eagan
Realty executives
Hi Larry,
Have you looked into Sun Lakes? It's an active adult community minimum 80% 55+ and up to 20% 40+. I live and work in the community and love it there! Just another option for you. Good luck and let me know if I can be of any assistance!
Web Reference:
Hey Larry,

Retirement at 55? in this economy? Way to go Larry !
The area around the Ahwatukee / Phoenix Country Club is very nice, great location. I think you have a great plan.

All the Homes linked below are in Adult communitys 45 / 55 plus.

Here is a current link to homes in the Ahwatukee that are for sale...about 50 homes…

You can expand your search in to the Mesa area here.. about 400 homes…

And here are some homes in Chandler about 80…

As you can see there are a lot to choose from.

Keep in mind some of these communitys will allow you to move in at 45, and some have huge HOA fee`s and crazy rules..

Let me know if I can help
Mr.P, Other/Just Looking in Arizona
Typically, at least one of the owners must meet the age requirement to purchase. You would have to check with the different HOAs, to see if they would allow any exception.
Hi Larry, check out my blog in August or the one in mid October of The Foothills in Ahwatukee. While some of the housing is older, it's a great area! I use to live there and loved hiking in South Mountain. If you need a customized search, I can set that up for you. It's more information than you'll receive on any website.
(480) 273.7472