Home Buying in Charleston>Question Details

cathy.oconne…, Home Buyer in Charleston, SC

Afternoon, We are looking at the houses for sale in Charleston SC. We live in MA - and I am wondering how do we start this process

Asked by cathy.oconnell, Charleston, SC Tue Apr 29, 2014

Thank you
Cathy and Sean O'Connell
cathy.oconnell@emc.com

Answers

5
I would recommend if you could a pre-visit to the area. This way you can get a feel for the different areas of Charleston (our metro area sit in three different counties!) and there's a lot to be learned about traffic patterns, commute times etc if you see them for yourselves.

If this isn't possible, find a local, have them be your virtual tour guide, and let them steer you based on what's important to you in your lifestyles.

There's many different areas of Charleston, each area has it's only unique challenges and it's certain charms about it. Finding someone well versed in the Trident area would be important to me if I were moving in from another state.

Good luck in your home hunt! You're going to LOVE Charleston, it really is the greatest city on Earth!
I would LOVE to help you find your new home, in what I believe to be the greatest place on earth; CHARLESTON! The first thing you want to do is get in touch with me, so I can find out what your haves, wants , and needs are. After listening, and finding out what areas and types of homes will make your dream of "Low-country Living" a reality, I can set you up a personalized up to date website showing you all of the properties that match your specific criteria. I am available morning noon and night. Please contact me through either here or http://www.joesellschaleston.com so we can get started!
Hi there Cathy and Sean! Charleston is a beautiful and entertaining area. There is so much to do all year around. Have you found a Real Estate Agent to assist you in the Charleston area? I have a couple of great Agents that I work with in Charleston and would be very comfortable referring you to.
I would love the opportunity to assist you with financing if you will be obtaining a mortgage.
Please contact me if I can assist you!

Have a great evening!
Summer Davis - NMLS 181760
Certified Mortgage Specialist
ALCOVA Mortgage
843-364-9725
MyrtleBeachLender.com
We started by visiting friends here and looking online. After 2 short visits (3 nights each) we came and stayed for 5 weeks - we're retired, so we had the time. We were only living here half the year at that time, so we only wanted a condo or townhouse. We sold our summer place in New Hampshire and now we're here full time and are looking for a bigger house with a garage. Websites like this are great because you can look at the street view as well as the houses. Charleston has a lot of lovely neighborhoods but some of them can only be reached by driving through some pretty depressing/dumpy areas. Others, like James Island has some great houses, but driving Folly Road to get there will test your patience.

Debbie P (fellow Mass-hole)
You have to learn the "back roads", and "rabbit holes" of the island!
Flag Mon May 5, 2014
Do you have a relationship with an agent in Massachusetts? They can refer you to an agent in SC. I do that often for clients who are relocating. Otherwise I would suggest doing some research online - check out some agents' websites and see if you find one that you like - you can often tell quite a bit about an agent's experience and local knowledge from their online presence.