Home Buying in Miami>Question Details

Haskellf, Home Owner in Hallandale Beach, FL

After passing the Real Estate Associates License, how does one gain a Mentor?

Asked by Haskellf, Hallandale Beach, FL Wed Mar 6, 2013

Answers

4
I recommend you interview with a couple of brokers. As a new licensee you my want a broker that offers full support and training. You will need training on how to acquire leads, as well as a broker that gets you started with leads. You will also need training on the logistics of the business (which contracts to use in a specific transactions, etc). Try to interview with at least three brokers, you will find different styles of doing business between say a franchise office and a more boutique style office. A brokerage that specializes in rental transactions is also an excellent way for a new licensee to generate quick income. http://www.MiamiRentSeekers.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 6, 2013
Befriend other agents here on Trulia and get the facts from the Brokerage Firm regarding training and support. I have read horror stories from other beginners that were promised the "world" and those promises never came through. Keep in mind that big does not always equal better. I wish you much success.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 6, 2013
Talking to people is always a key. Remember that smaller firms will give you more attention and individual treatment. Larger companies will strike you with desk fees, sign up fees, and other regular fees that might be overwhelming for someone who just starts in the business.

My brokerage offers training, solid leads and very friendly atmosphere. We don't charge MLS fees, desk fees or start up fees. We provide coaching, mentoring, great commission splits and you can work full or part time from our boutique office in Coral Gables or from remote location.

If you need more information please contact me at meg@viviendarealtors.com or call me at 305.877.2880. I will gladly give you more information and answer all your questions.

Meg Sahdala
Vivienda Realty

E-mail: meg@viviendarealtors.com
Tel: 305.877.2880
Fax: 305.675.3976
http://www.PerfectFloridaProperties.com
Maskelf,
You will need to select a real estate broker to work with in order to work as a real estate sales person.
The various brokerages you interview will have an assortment of support and training programs. Most will have a inhouse mentorship program.

You REALLY need to do some research, especially what I have written about before regarding selecting a broker....you need to know one thing and one thing only to make the RIGHT decision.

Best of success to you,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420. 4041

Home tour Scots Landing
http://youtu.be/KTuVUxNDpOQ