Home Buying in Irvington>Question Details

Ruchi, Home Buyer in Sunnyvale, CA

Advise on Summer Hills Townhomes.

Asked by Ruchi, Sunnyvale, CA Sun Aug 17, 2008

Hi Everyone
We are intrested in buying townhomes in rosewood , summerhill homes, Fremont CA.Yestreday I
was passing by and visited them. Is that is good builder?.Looking for a feedback.
Also as I have already met these guysCan i still go with the Agent. Sales People outthere were telling me that I don't Need any Buyer Agent. Any Advice would be Appreciated.

Ruchi

Answers

3
Hi Ruchi,

I have registered a few clients at the Summerhill homes already and I would be happy to do the same for you. It definitely helps to have an agent with you since we can negotiate on the price and options for you. I have helped many clients negotiate with different builders and my clients have been very happy at how much they were able to save by having a realtor negotiate on their behalf.

You and every buyer must have an agent represent you. We have access to the records on how much they have sold their last few phase units and you as a buyer may not have access to that information. The sales people know that, therfore they obviously prefer that you go directly to them so your negotiating capabilities are limited.

Please call me at 510-279-9580 if I can help you.

Meena Gujral
Help-U-Sell Achievers Realty
40083 Mission Blvd
Fremont, Ca. 94539
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 17, 2008
Hello Ruchi,

As a Real estate professional, visually looking at homes, in general, Summer Hill homes builder looks fine to me.

Here is my suggestion: Summer Hill Homes or any builder’s new home that you wish to buy, have a complete property inspection done. Have that as a contingency for a first few days after acceptance. That ways, even though it’s brand new home you know what you are getting into and which items needs correction/attention before move in. Also based on the licensed contractor/inspector’s opinion you can make a decision whether to move forward or back out of the deal.

It’s very much advisable to have a buyer’s agent represent you. You don’t have to pay any commissions to the buyer’s agent. If you don’t have an agent doesn’t mean they will charge you less money. A licensed professional who knows how to negotiate can get a great price reduction and possibly all closing cost for you that you would otherwise pay any ways.

If you already have registered with the sales person out there, then they will gear in the directions of their interest. If you have yet not registered, feel free to
call me at 510-381-2105
or email me at CharoBhatt@gmail.com
I will happy to help negotiate a great deal for you.

Wish you good luck,

Charo Bhatt
Web Reference: http://www.HomesByCharo.Com
Ruchi:

I can't advise on the quality of that builder, but I can give you information about using Realtors to help with your purchase.

It’s in your best interest to be represented by a REALTOR with experience helping buyers purchase new homes. A professional REALTOR can ensure that your needs are represented and, because they know all of the variables, can negotiate more effectively. In the current market, new home builders are encouraging REALTORS to be a part of the process and are paying REALTORS commissions.

However, MAKE SURE your REALTOR is with you on the very first visit to the new homes. If not, the builder can cut your REALTOR out and then you are truly on your own. It’s called “procuring cause” and it will put you in a dual agency situation with the builder’s agent representing both sides. And since the builder is paying their salaries, it’s not too hard to figure out who they really represent.

It’s very true that builders’ agents tell you that you don’t need a Realtor – it’s because they don’t want to deal with a professional negotiator AND they don’t want to give the commission to an outside party – they’d like to keep it for themselves. And they cannot legally give that commisison to a buyer.

We’ve helped many buyers buy new homes, and they’ve all been very pleased with the results.

carl@carlmedford.com
Web Reference: http://www.carlmedford.com