Home Buying in Park City>Question Details

Tcfolks, Home Buyer in Park City, UT

Advice on a Redstone/Foxpoint vs. Bear Hollow for a 3bed/2 ba vacation home.

Asked by Tcfolks, Park City, UT Sun Jul 8, 2012

My wife and I are looking for a place that we can use in the nonski season and then rent out as a vacation rental during the ski season.

Answers

4
When helping my clients choose a property, I always look at their lifestyle needs and the pros/cons of each property or subdivision.

Redstone (http://www.parkcitysold.com/fine/real/estate/newsearch/lndgn…):
1. Pro: You are within walking distance for shopping, grocery store, dining, theater, bowling, Swaner nature, gym
2. Cons: Lawsuit in progress that limits loan availability (email me ... I've know the lenders that will finance)

Bear Hollow (http://www.parkcitysold.com/fine/real/estate/newsearch/lndgn…):
1. Pro: Closer to Canyons Ski Resort (but minimal), Nice clubhouse with pool and workout facility, Low HOA in townhomes (but you have to maintain the exterior structure/roof)
2. Con: Some of the earlier built homes had maintenance problems, have to drive to shopping, dining, entertainment, High HOAs in the condos

Both locations are good vacation rental locations and on the bus route. If you visit http://www.parkcitysold.com (links above) you can see all the units for sale in each area along with a price comparison.

Let me know how I can help -- and ask about help with your closing costs,

Nick Coleman
Equity Real Estate Luxury Group
435.640.778
Great question. Both communites are get for getting around town and easy access for buses and only 30 minutes from the airport.
If you are getting a loan that will be differicult with both of them. I do know of two lenders that will consider doing a loan but it is not easy. Even with the litigation they still sell well, if priced right. HOA fees a very high in the Bear Hollow Lodge-condos. What is the best bang for your dollar is the Townhome type of property in Bear Hollow. The HOA fee is one of the lowest in Park City and you get a outdoor pool & spa, gym,& clubhouse for under $200 a month.
Hope that helps and I would be happy to give you more information on both places.
Jennifer Israel
Prudential Utah
800.472.4243

Foxpoint at Redstone would be a nice place as you can walk to everything at Redstone from there. Bear Hollow is nice because it has a clubhouse and pool area and you can walk and bike to Redstone easily. Both areas are good rentals. Call Bob with questions as I have 23 years in Park City. 435-731-1050
I like Redstone more it is closer to all the shoping and entertainment. Financing on both projects can be a problem due to pending law suits. You can get some units with seller financing.