Ray Knicely, Home Buyer in Austin, TX

Advice in the 78702 area .... small lot.

Asked by Ray Knicely, Austin, TX Sun May 12, 2013

I'm interested in a listing that needs (most likely) tear down and new construction. The lot size is approx... 2500 sq ft; so multi-level is a must. A person that knows VA/FHA Loan restrictions/requirements is preferred. The finished product needs to be 2,3 Bd/2 Bth w/parking and fenced yd. thx

Answers

5
Ray, The first two things you need to do are find out if this lot will work for what you are looking to do, and make sure it is not too small or has heritage trees, etc., and also get pre-approved with a lender. If you are not yet working with a Realtor, give me a call and I will try to walk you through what needs to be done. It is not a simple process, but I have gone through it with other clients and developers as well.

Joe Jarusinsky, Realtor/Master Instructor, Keller Williams Realty, Austin's #1 Real Estate Company, Ranked #1 by Buyers and Sellers (JD Power & Assoc. 2012) Call 512-261-4415
I know several 78702 home builders that we can engage and get most answers quickly. They specialize in 78702.

Have you found a builder?
Call me direct.
Shawn 512 663 4686
Web Reference: http://shawnmon.com
Unless you have an exemption, the minimum lot size for a single family home is 5,750 sq.ft.
Hi Ray, You may want to also check the building restrictions for that area. There are what's called "McMansion" restrictions in most of the downtown area as well as restrictions on what tree's can be cut down. This is to prevent one home from over powering another and it can cause issues when you are planning to build and do not check this as well as any trees as well as impervious cover restrictions. Additionally, government loans are not designed as a builder loan so a local bank is your best option for this type of loan. Best of luck to you, Laura Rosales-Realtor
Ray,
I can help with this type project. As your Realtor I can recommend the whole gamit of professionals from beginning to end. I have worked through the planning & zoning, lenders, builders and the like. If you'd like to meet for a no obligation interview I am ready.