Juliette, Home Buyer in Clearfield, UT

Advice again please.... if last-minute backing out of a contract is possible, how can I make up for failed sales to the agents involved?

Asked by Juliette, Clearfield, UT Mon Feb 1, 2010

Answers

7
Dear Juliette,

There are alot of people that spend time, effort, and yes money in bringing a Real Estate transaction to a successful close. Sometimes that doesn't happen for one reason or another, and we understand that. Our job is to work in the best interest of our client no matter what that is, and our response when a client pulls out of a deal is "If the client doesn't feel it's right, it is Not right". As far as we know, we are never going to live in the house with you, so the decision has to be yours.

So when this happens, do you owe anyone anything...technically no. However, sometimes its important to us as Realtors to know that our work has value to the client, and that we have done a good job, despite the outcome.

The ultimate compliment and thank you would be for you to introduce us to people you care about that are looking to buy or sell a home. We know then that we have attained your trust, the most important element in any relationship.

So if you feel that way, if you trust your Realtor and felt he/she did a great job, refer someone to her/him and to your Mortgage Professional as well. Then, when you get ready to try this again...use the same Realtor and Mortgage Professional....loyalty, the other ultimate compliment.

On behalf of my profession, I wish you well, and hope that you will find the right home when the time is right for you.
I'd love to help you. Feel free to contact through my Trulia profile.
You are not obligated to compensate your agent in a failed sale. If you are happy with the service provided, then repeat business and referrals would the best way to show your appreciation.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 27, 2013
Juliette
Todd is right... Deborah and Steve gave an excellent answer.I am going to go give them a thumbs up. It does happen for varying reasons, we really do want the best for our clients.

Good Luck
Juliette

Deborah & Steve answered your question very well.
Web Reference: http://YouInParkCity.com
You really owe the agent nothing--a simple thank you and possibly a recommendation letter could be a good idea.
You don't owe them anything. If it were me and the sale fell through and you used me as your agent on the condo you referred to I think that would be sufficient. Agents work on commission and should be looking out for their clients best interests. It sounds like this home wasn't in your best interests.

If you feel totally obligated by them lunch!