1sttimer, Home Buyer in 44077

Add an option after purchase agreement sent?

Asked by 1sttimer, 44077 Thu Jun 18, 2009

I just signed a purchase agreement, but after my realtor faxed in the agreement to the seller's realtor, I forgot to add an option (stationary tub/laundry sink). Would an option like this be easy to ask for after the fact or am I bound to what was sent?

Answers

3
There is another option. Any tub / laundry sink should be considered a fixture and therefore should remain no matter what. It also depends upon how good your offer is. if submitted an offer that you know is a little low and you are expecting a counter-offer, you can always add the other items in subsequent offers. Everything is negotiable in real estate up and until you have a signed agreement. Once you have a signed agreement, you will then probably need to provide additional consideration (money) for anything else you may want.
Web Reference: http://www.druryrealty.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 22, 2009
I agree with Joe that you should contact your Realtor immediately to clarify your situation. He or she will be able to tell you whether or not the stationary tub/laundry sink is a fixture & comes with the home purchase.

In Ohio, anything that is permanently affixed (attached) to the home is a fixture & comes with the home, without specifing it in the purchase agreement. An example is a kitchen sink.

Again, talk to your Realtor to ease your mind,
Get your REALTOR on the phone asap. Laws are different in each State, but I suspect it will come down to whether or not you are willing to "lose the house." If you are, I would tell the REALTOR to retract your offer and modify it with what you want. If you think you have a great deal, I would try to work it out without messing with the contract. But again, call your REALTOR. Good luck! The linked article talks about what's included in the purchase of a home.