nina_atayants, Home Buyer in Brooklyn, NY

Actively looking to purchase a 2 family house in sheepshead bay. 3 bd / 1 bd. Must be close to train looking for a short sale or a foreclosure

Asked by nina_atayants, Brooklyn, NY Thu Aug 30, 2012

Answers

3
Mitchell Feldman’s answer
Dear Nina:

My office is located on Avenue R right off Nostrand Avenue and Sheepshead Bay is one of the areas that I specialize in. I am curious, why is it that you specifically want a short sale or a foreclosure? Is it because you believe that you can get a good deal in that fashion? If so, then I would think that the main thing you want is a good deal. There are several ways to find those besides just short sales and foreclosures. Especially in the Sheepshead Bay area.

Please contact me and we can discuss it further. I would love the opportunity to help you!

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
Hello Nina!

Let's take a look at a few places and see if we can get you into one that you like. Give me a call anytime, here is my cell #: 212 300-3919

Thank you!

Luke Constantino
Commercial | Residential
REMAX PARK SLOPE
Direct: (212) 300-3919
Lukeconstantino@remax.net
http://LukeConstantino.com
Good morning Nina,

I've been helping Homebuyers as a mortgage professional for 23 years here in New York. Here's my "Primer" on beginning the Homebuying process:

First steps:

1. Meet with a Local Mortgage Banker to get prequalified for mortgage financing. The Mortgage Banker will review all facets of your loan request to answer your questions with regards to the types of loans and maximum loan amounts you could qualify for.

2. Get a referral to a good, local, real estate attorney. Call the attorney, retain the attorney so you have her information handy when you make an offer. Having that information at time of offer helps you demonstrate to the Seller how serious you are, and they will consider your offer with more interest.

3. Line up a Home Inspector. A good home inspector will scare the heck out of you: that's what you pay him for! But you'll concentrate on the fundamentals of the property: roof free of leaks, plumbing, heating and electrical up to code and in good working order. Again, when you make an offer and you have your Home Inspector ready to go, your offer will be considered with much more interest by a Seller because you truly have your "ducks in a row" and your preparation demonstrates your serious attitude about conducting the purchase transaction in a timely manner.

4. Find an experienced Local Realtor who works in your desired shopping area. A serious pro Realtor will refuse to show you homes until you are Prequalified for mortgage financing. Don't take offense! That Realtor doesn't want you to be disappointed and wants you to have a smooth experience as you shop for your new home.

Put together your Team of real estate professionals and shop 'til you drop!

Trevor Curran
Mobile: 516-582-9181
Office: 516-829-2900
Fax: 516-829-2944
PowerHouse Solutions, Inc.
185 Great Neck Rd, Suite 240
Great Neck NY 11021
Licensed Mortgage Banker – NYS Dept. of Financial Services
NMLS#3528