Home Buying in Columbus>Question Details

Kash, Home Buyer in Columbus, OH

Acceptable asking price for Condo that has been listed for nearly 6months?

Asked by Kash, Columbus, OH Wed Aug 14, 2013

There's a condo that has been listed for months and has been on and off the market and doesn't seem to be able to close on FHA loans. Back in March 2013 the home was listed for $55,000 - before we could put an offer in, multiple had come back for higher than the asking. I believe 2 mos later it was relisted for $69,000 - I guess no movement and weeks later it was dropped down to $60,000. Today, its back at $70,000 - and has been for the last couple months - often disappearing and reappearing from the market. It's been active now for at least 3 weeks. If I'm able to get financing that would allow a smooth close - do you think I would be okay asking $55,000 or even less? It seems like they should really want a good offer that could close and would accept anything, if not what it was first listed at.

Thanks for any advice!

Answers

3
Are you working with an agent? That is who you should asking this questions to.
This is too vague a description. It's best to look specifically at an individual property and what's going on around it. If you have a buyers' agent, you should talk to your agent about it. If not, I'd be happy to help you with this.
Abe.javadi@gmail.com
(614) 226-7577
It just depends. Not enough information here to suggest what to offer. Do you have a buyer's agent?
If not, you need one.