Home Buying in Blair>Question Details

Ann, Both Buyer and Seller in Omaha View, Omaha, NE

Absolutly frustrating to drive to Blair to drive by a home and find many of the Homes do not even exist. Not sure how this is legal and/or ethical...

Asked by Ann, Omaha View, Omaha, NE Wed Apr 17, 2013

I am a buyer and I found the same thing. One agency doesn't even use MLS they completely advertise on their own knowing if a potential buyer sees one of their signs they will call them directly and where I'm from it is not ethical to set yourself up to double end a transaction.

I went with a local agent directly in Blair, if you want their contact information I'm happy to provide it for you. I also use Trulia, Realtor.com and sometimes Zillow. I have found those new listings come within a day, but they do not pick up all new listings. The one thing those sites do not do is remove a listing that has gone pending or sold.

I'm happy to give you advice from what I have found moving to a new area.
Sometimes the homes don't come off all the websites immediately when they go pending or are cancelled. I am a full time Realtor and I work the Fremont-Blair-Omaha area. I would love to help you find a home. This will save you time. Let me know if I can help.
Jan Nicola

Although a lot of homebuyers choose to ignore this information - you would be well served by contacting a licensed real estate professional who can check on properties before you go out to visit them. Houses you find online through the various websites may be A. already under contract/sold, or B. a scam altogether. An agent will be able to search properties directly in real time on the Multiple Listing Service.

If you are just surfing the internet, and racing out to look at addresses you find on various websites on your own - you are going to become extremely frustrated.

Hope this helps!