Home Buying in 79936>Question Details

Gabriel Jaqu…, Home Buyer in Eastview, El Paso, TX

About to rent out my home soon want to know where can I get a copy of some good Rental agreements and should I get a home inspection prior to renting?

Asked by Gabriel Jaquez, Eastview, El Paso, TX Tue Jul 16, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


Yes, I agree. Office supply stores are your best bets as the ones used by Realtors cannot be used by unlicensed individuals.

Don Groff | REALTOR® & Mortgage Broker
Austin Real Estate Pros & 360 Lending Group
o 512.669.5599 | m 512.633.4157 | listings@dongroff.com
websites: http://www.AustinListed.com | http://www.360LendingGroup.com
Web Reference: http://www.AustinListed.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 16, 2013
I agree with Rick . Also rental agreements you need use Office supply store you can't use a Realtor agreement for fact your not licensed by State of Texas use those forms. If you are caught anyone can sue you !

You can use Agents to list your home, and therefore you have a regulated State rental agreement then you can manage the property yourself.

As a owner if you don't know the questions to ask the tenant, do all the investigations we do as professional Realtors you be married to a nightmare.

I have a listing we have turned down 6 applicants all ready based on number of reasons after reviewing what is on paper than what they state to a person.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
http://www.lynn911.com 100's of Dallas homes listed for sale or lease

Follow me on Facebook and Twitter

(If my answer is helpful indicate by THUMBS UP or BEST ANSWER. Thank you )
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 16, 2013

I always advise my clients to consider having their homes professionally managed. Once you rent out your home it becomes a business and you have to treat it that way. Hiring a property manager to oversee the business takes the emotion out of the transaction and keeps you from getting those silly phone calls from tenants.

A manager works for you and is responsible for screening tenants, managing repairs and making sure the tenants are taking care of your investment. Once your home becomes a rental property you are entitled to additional tax deductions. In addition to interest and taxes, your homeowners insurance, repairs and property management fees are deductable.

As a professional we keep up to date with all the latest forms and changes to the laws regarding rentals. Take a look at the web link and give me a call. It may be worth 30 minutes of your time to see if having your home professionally managed is the right move for you, and if you decide not to do it I'll still give you some good info that will help you out.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 16, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer