Home Buying in Douglasville>Question Details

Funlovinshop…, Both Buyer and Seller in Douglasville, GA

About "concealing info on homes". I want to sell my home I want to buy another, I have tried to hire several realtors. They don't call

Asked by Funlovinshopper, Douglasville, GA Mon Nov 28, 2011

back or answer. I see homes on here, I go by I call the number no responses. Or they are under contract, I keep driving by to see if they are sold, no. Same sign, for sale call .... The agents are making me nervous.

Answers

12
You have just discovered the most challenging part of this business -- overcoming the stress factor. Yes I know exactly what you are talking about when you see homes listed for sale on the web, only to learn they actually are under contract, etc. Believe me, the best way for you to alleviate this stress is for you to hire a REALTOR to represent you as a Buyer, as well as to be your Listing Agent. Then, rely on your REALTOR to feed you homes to view as they will have the most up-to-date information. I have a practice of setting my buyers up on a system which automatically sends Buyers information on homes the moment they are listed on the MLS. I also have an automatic system for receiving sign calls immediately with information sent to my phone both as a call and a text message to myself and my partner for immediate response. If you would be interested in learning more about our processes, please respond here. Thank you and Good Luck on your buying and selling.
Gail Sartain
Keller Williams Realty Cityside, Gail and Dana: "Our Family Serving You"
Web Reference: http://www.GailandDana.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 29, 2011
I would recommend listing your home before you start looking for one to purchase. The process to list, market and sell your home could take months. If you're looking to purchase a home and need to sell your home, you're not in the position to purchase a home until your home sells. If you start looking at homes to purchase and fall in love with one, by the time you could purchase it (because you need to sell your home) it may not be available - heartbreak.

The best deals out there are the foreclosed homes. The banks won't allow you to be under contract if you have a property to sell.

The homes that you're driving by, seeing signs and being told they're under contract probably are under contract. Realtors will continue to leave their for sale signs out front until the home is sold.

Offers are falling apart everyday for one reason or another. The home that's under contract today may no longer be under contract when you're ready to purchase your home.
If you need to sell your home prior to buying, the issue may be just that. Douglasville is a market saturated by REO inventory and has seen - and will continue to see - declining values (I'm a foreclosure appraiser as well, very familiar working the county).

There are many worthless agents out there but you may be someone that isn't a viable client; agents evaluate clients as after all, we only get paid if deals close.

Just tossing this out there

Hank
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 28, 2011
jim says:
I want some heat out of this stove, as soon as it gives me some heat I will put in some fuel. I doubt seriously anyone is trying to conceal anything from you, Realtors spend a fortune trying to get people to call. More than likely there is something wrong with how you are approaching them. <<<

that is the problem. too many agents spend too much time and money generating a lead. when they should spend that time and money generating a sale.

leaving out all of the pertinent information may well generate more calls. but that does not equate to generating more sales.

i fail to see how a buyer can make you, the agent, nervous. why did you spend all of that money soliciting leads? i am looking to buy. i have the cash. what other criteria is there, for the agent.

i see the same problem today. agents do not respond. or they respond and then fail to follow up.

home sales must be doing well, if an agent can ignore a prospective buyer.
check out our site, we return all calls.
Gail gave you a great answer and I totally agree. I work in the Douglas, Paulding area and I would be glad to help you if you need me to you can call me at 404-867-7177 or visit our website with the link below. I wish you the best & hope to hear from you soon.
I want some heat out of this stove, as soon as it gives me some heat I will put in some fuel. I doubt seriously anyone is trying to conceal anything from you, Realtors spend a fortune trying to get people to call. More than likely there is something wrong with how you are approaching them.

If Realtors are making you nervous it could be because you are making them nervous acting as a free agent that doesn’t yet have a plan. Realtors do not charge by the hour but rather based on performance. If they do not close a deal they do not get paid. You have indicated you want to buy another home, if you have enough equity in your existing home including cash to pay cash for the next home that will work. If that is not the case, make sure you can get a loan before selling your existing home. I had to turn down more than one buyer in the past year that had already sold their existing home.

Find a good Realtor and have them introduce you to the loan officer they trust the most. Gather all of the support documents that will be needed to apply for a loan and meet with the LO face-to-face, have them walk you through the process and options available, good luck, home this helps,
I am not really sure what you mean by "concealing info on homes." If you are using Trulia to find your next home, you should know that the information here often lags by a couple of days from what is available in the local multilist. So when you see it new here, someone else has already had plenty of time to make and negotiate an offer.

"For sale" signs, at least in my market, are left up until the day of close. If a deal falls through, we might have some other interested buyers. But most buyers here are working with agents, not checking Trulia and driving around to make calls themselves.

If the agents are making you nervous, ask around locally for referrals of agents your friends or family have been pleased with in the past. Interview a couple and see who you feel comfortable with.
Maureen Fran…, Real Estate Pro in Birmingham, MI
All the answers you have received are just what you need to know about selling your current home and buying another home. An agnets job is to navigate you through the process of selling and buying a home. I understand your frustration at looking at homes that you believe are available just to find out there is an offer or contract on the property. Let your agent work at getting this information for you. We can also help you search homes without ever leaving the comfort of yours. We can send you reports about the activity of your current home if you put it on the market.
I would also like to take a minute and apologize for not receiving a phone call back if you have a left a message.
Diana Stowe
agent
Douglasville Georgia...
As a serious buyer, you may want to consider identifying a "buyer's agent" that will represent you and protect your personal interests. As you have already noted, you are making no progress using the approach you are currently using.

Our recommendation is to first find an agent that you can work with and put them in charge of identifying and showing you homes that meet your search criteria. They will also be able to advise you about the best way to market your current home.

Put an agent to work for you!

I understand your frustration but keep trying. The right realtor will answer your call and be thankful for the opportunity too earn your business.
And that is the best answer around, thank you Judy!! Now if only we had a way to broadcast those last 2 paragraphs to EVERY potential buyer.