Home Buying in Commodore>Question Details

Stacyanne84, Home Buyer in Commodore, PA

About how much money is 4 acres of cleared land with a 4 bedroom home (needs alot of work), a large garage and small shed worth in Commodore, PA?

Asked by Stacyanne84, Commodore, PA Wed Apr 21, 2010

I am looking into getting a Home Equity Loan for imporvements but I was curious what the home is even worth. The house was given to us from my inlaws and there has never been an appraisal.

Answers

2
It may be wise to have it appraised. Any online valuation sites are not capable of determining the market value with any accuracy or reliability since their algorythims are not set or capable to view and analyze important and necessary property and market factors.
Hello Staceyanne,

go to http://www.zillow.com and put in your address, that will give you a starting point. Without an actual appraisal it is difficult to guage. Most lenders use an AVM (automated valuation model) similkar to that of zillow so it should be an effective determinant of what number to expect without paying for a full blown appraisal.

Alan