Home Buying in Boston>Question Details

Sano, Other/Just Looking in

A2 visa holder looking to get a house mortgage in Boston, MA.

Asked by Sano, Sat Mar 2, 2013

Home Buyer in Boston,MA.
I am looking for a mortgage lender that will lend to an A2 visa holder (foreign government official). Can anyone help?
I have a permanent job here in the US paid in USD, however I do not pay tax here or in my home country. I have spoken to another lender who could not help due to my being unable to supply a W2. I can supply all other evidence of income such as bank statements, letter from my government employer, paychecks, credit score, etc.

Answers

7
We do loans for non-us-resident. You can contact me at 617-959-5776. ducha275@comcast.net
I would contact a few mortgage bankers and get a few different opinions. It is extremely tough to get a loan but wish you the best.

Best Of Luck
Do have an excellent credit history.
Hi Sano. Based on what you are stating, this appears to be a loan we can lend on. I do have additional questions. Please contact me. Thank you.
Ann
It is very difficult for a foreign national to get a loan if s/he does not have credit in the US.
I checked for a couple of my clients and the answer was always no.
However, if you approach a very small bank that you do business, you may have a chance.
The other option is to contact your investment banker to see what they can do for you. They may issue you a line of credit that you can use a loan.
kind regards,
That's tough. Also as you work for a foreign government I would assume you have diplomatic immunity which would be an issue.
Good morning Sano,

I do have two options for you as I just recently assisted a buyer that experienced the same issue. Please message me and I will pass along the mortgage broker's contact info.

Amy