Home Buying in Laguna Woods>Question Details

Handel, Renter in Laguna Woods, CA

A retired couple would like to have a furnished 2 bed room rental in the Laguna Woods Village for 1 month between Nov. 26 to Dec. 25, 2011

Asked by Handel, Laguna Woods, CA Sat Jul 16, 2011

This is for them to experience the life there before they can decide if they wish to buy a property and live there. Three family members will visit them during Dec. 17-25 to help them decide ifthey wish to buy a property there. They will not have car with them. the rental home should have easy access to the available facilities without a car.

Answers

4
Ingrid Ski 949-874-0432’s answer
Hello Handel,

Yes, Laguna Woods has 1-6 month rentals .. You would also fill out the application for a pass and pay a fee of I believe its $129.00 Would need to find out if a particular rental will take 1 month rent.. Some will accept a 1 month lease and some of them will not. I would call each of the ones your interest in and see what they will take a 1 month lease.. Yes, I can help with the buying process. You would have to fill out a 49 page application and be approved by the board in order to buy a place in Laguna Woods.. Let me know If you would like this information ahead of time to fill it out, just let me know.. Talk to you soon.
Ingrid Ski Realtor
Here is one that you may wish to check out.
http://www.vrbo.com/225948
Web Reference: http://www.umboc.com
Dear Handel,

That's an excellent idea for renting a furnished unit in Laguna Woods Village to check out.
But, 1 month rental in LWV is not easy in Nov to Dec since most of the rental units are for 6 mos, and 1 month takes too costly: Security Deposit, credit check, member transfer fee ($110 for co-op, $160 for condo), key fee in some cases, and realtor commission ($350 - $500).

In most cases, 1 month rental is a leftover month from someone's cancelled unit due to various reasons.

I live in LWV past 18 yrs, and understand what it takes to rent a unit in that season.

Please contact me by phone or email at the info below, and hope you could find the best unit in LWV.

Im Sook Lee
Realtor (DRE License # 01889300)
Fax: 949-461-9477
Email: thebesthome4u.com

Laguna Woods Properties
2431 El Toro Road, Suite 160
Laguna Woods, CA 92637
There are one month rentals.

Laguna Woods has buses and conveniently located bus stops in each gate. The bus service provides you with adequate transportation to the supermarkets, mall, restaurants and clubhouses.

The majority of the one month rentals are located in gates 1,2,3 and 4 as co-op owners are only allowed to rent their units for 6 months of the year and they can divide that within a one year time frame.

Please search my web site http://www.residentialhometeam.com..there is also a button on the left of my homepage that will take you to Laguna Woods information page..that will answer most of your questions and give you familiarity with the area.
and if you wish I can sent you what is available in rentals.