Home Buying in Newcastle>Question Details

emperorwatch…, Home Buyer in Newcastle, WA

A recent sale doesn't appear in Newcastle. Why? It is a 3 bedroom condominium at Parterra. I just found that it sold for $288,000.

Asked by emperorwatcher, Newcastle, WA Sat May 11, 2013

Trying to find reliable information. Doesn't seem available here.

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1091007019-13301-SE-79th-Pl-C…

Answers

7
I'm not sure who you think would beat John L. Scott and Windermere locally. JLS is number 2. Not sure what you're basing your data on.

http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/blog/2013/04/top-5-puget-…

I stand by my comment that the Seattle market is unusual, with two local firms dominating over the national firms.

The reason Windermere doesn't participate on Realtor.com is probably that they created an exclusive arrangement with either Trulia or Zillow a few years back. That may still be in effect.

For most other firms it's on an office by office basis where their listings get fed. I'd heard the NWMLS was going to change that, but I've not seen anything come of that yet.
I've done some research. Trulia & Zillow are on the same feed as the rest. No excuse for slow or absent info.

I much prefer the various agency websites, although realtor.com is superior to most national websites. Odd that Windermere doesn't participate there though.

My question still remains re Trulia & Zillow. What do they add to the knowledge base? It seems they are just trying to generate a need and income for themselves, while all the information one could need is available at cbbain.com, redfin, etal.

I had to laugh at the John L Scott "domination" comment. They sure have lost a lot of ground over the past few years. Are they even number 4 in ranking? They do have a good app though.
Trulia and Zillow's prime purpose is to generate revenues as any business does. In the Real Estate world, Zillow was the first (or at least the loudest) to create online value estimates. These are not reliable but can be guides to start a conversation and tend to more accurately describe trends than individual values.
Company sites are fed by the local MLS and are more reliable. Zillow & Trulia are receive data from public records and agents who syndicate their listings or manually upload them. Because of this their data is often out of date as many agents do not update the secondary sites but are required to update NWMLS. I hope this helps.
Flag Fri Aug 16, 2013
Emperorwatcher, Zillow publishes stats on how accurate their Zestimates are for many areas, and they don't claim to be that accurate. So it's not just a matter of being current.

As to Realtor.com, I think they are bigger (more popular) nationally than locally. It's sort of like how in the Seattle area John L. Scott and Winderemere (local firms) dominate, where nationally firms like Century 21 or Prudential dominate. Also, in many areas the MLS is owned by a Realtor organization, but that's not true here. So Seattle is a bit different.
Zillow Zestimate=nonsense. They claim to be current. not.. Trulia feeds off of several major brokerages or possibly NWMLS, yet highly inaccurate. Realtor.com is purportedly the highest volume real estate website, yet at least one of Seattle's major real estate firms doesn't provide information to them. So... why do Trulia & Zillow exist? What do they contribute?
Emperor,
My friend Kary is right. These sites are not updated from the MLS. The most current information like this will come from a local agent who can help you. The market is crazy right now and not having the most up to date data can cost you money.
You're probably not looking on a broker site. Sites like Trulia, Zillow and Realtor.com do not have access to all the listings, and there may be a delay before they pick up the sale from the county tax records.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 11, 2013
13301 SE 79th Place #C214 sold for $288,000 cash on 4/26/13; list price was $270,000. Ask a REALTOR for reliable information.