Home Buying in Pontiac>Question Details

Michele D,  in Waterford, MI

A real estate agent forged my signature on an "Exclusive". I know it is forged because my name is misspelled. She is seeking a referral

Asked by Michele D, Waterford, MI Thu Feb 9, 2012

fee. I spent 9 months trying to buy a short-sale property (address 252)through "Kelly" who was the selling agent. The deal never went through and I eventually asked for my earnest monies back (which took 6 weeks and multiple calls/emails to the agent/office/broker. Anyway, I told "Kelly" that I was going to look at two other condos that had come on the market a few doors down from her listing (addresses 256 & 258). She offered to show them to me, I told her, "no because I had already scheduled a showing with the listing agent. Kelly was aware that I offers on multiple properties and that I always work with the listing agent.

Tomorrow I'm closing on 256 & 258. Kelly has contacted the selling agent Tim and emailed him a forged Exclusive agreement. Tim sent me the document and I know it is forged because she misspelled my name and does not have my middle initial. I've contacted the broker with little response (she will ask to see the original). What should I do?

Answers

3
Call the Local board of realtors, the State board along with the Atty Gen'l of MI. Seek legal advice, those charges if true, are very serious.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 9, 2012
If you have proof, you can report the agent to the local Board of Realtors...
What do you want to do, Michele?