Home Buying in Bradenton>Question Details

Eddy, Home Buyer in Saint Louis, MO

A property is listed as turnkey furnished. What exactly, legally, does this mean? And, if the listing agent

Asked by Eddy, Saint Louis, MO Tue Dec 25, 2007

is present on the property when asked the same question (what "turnkey furnished" means) and says that it means everything, including inside closets and cabinets, who does the inventory list on these items?...the listing agent, the buyer's agent (mine) or the out-of-country owner?

Answers

3
Eddy:
I think you hit the nail in the head with your question. Since "turnkey furnished" could be left to interpretation. I suggest that your agent make an inventory list of everything inside the property and submit it with the offer.
I can tell you that a lot of buyers have been left in the dark because they see a property with certain features (lamps, appliances, furniture) and then are surprised to see things switched at time of closing.
Write down even model numbers where applicable.
Web Reference: http://www.miamism.com
If the property is listed as "turnkey" it usually means the home comes ready for renters.
Turnkey furnished is ready for rentals with furniture, linens, silverware etc.
The selling agent or the property management company renting the home should have an inventory list.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 25, 2007
That phrase is often left to interpretation; "Turnkey Furnished" in my opinion means all furniture as one would expect to be considered "Complete". Personal effects and linens, dishes, utensils, omitted. The inventory list could be done by anyone and verified by both the buyer and seller. "Turnkey Furnished", to me- is just a buzz marketing phrase that needs to be fully interpreted and confirmed.