Home Buying in San Francisco>Question Details

Tiffany, Other/Just Looking in

A home in my area has been pending for a very long time and I saw people moving in two weeks ago but still shows as pending, why?

Asked by Tiffany, Fri Apr 12, 2013

I watch the homes in my area since I just bought my home in Jan. This home originally listed on the market on Jan 11th, went pending Jan 24th (which is a long time in the bay area, when I was looking some homes went in 48hrs). I lost the number for my HOA and saw it was listed on this listing, I called that number and it turned out to be the listing agent. Barely spoke English, rude, didn't seem to know what he was talking about when I explained why I called the number. I hung up and realized this guy was a crappy realtor. Then, on Feb 7th the house went back on the market which to me only means that the deal originally accepted fell through which happens a lot in this business but I have a sneaky suspicion that it had more to do with the realtor prob trying to convince his buyer to take an offer that worked best for him. It went pending a 2nd time on Feb 14 and has been pending ever since. 2 weeks ago I saw people moving in but it hasn’t changed to sold, why is this?

Answers

7
Trulia Customer Service’s answer
Hi Tiffany,

Niki from Trulia here. Trulia is a host site. We do not pull information from any other site. The listing data is sent to us and reflected in the site. We do require that "fresh" feed information be provided every 30 days to keep the site up to date.

The property in pending status is either still being "fed" to us or has been updated in someway through the listing agent to be live on the site. We will change the status of the property as soon as we have an update from the source.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We do not manage the agents that use our site for marketing, I am sorry you were treated poorly. Be sure to check out agents in your market by clicking on "Find a Pro" in the green bar at the top of the page.

Feel free to contact us directly if you have any other questions at customerservice@trulia.com or by calling 1-888-466-3501.
Most likely the listing agent didn't update the status within the MLS. Unfortunately it happens all the time.
Hi Tiffany,

Unfortunately not all agents to adhere to the same standards. Sorry that the agent was not very forth coming or helpful with information. It is really frustrating! As an agent I have run into some of the same issue. Yes, you are correct, if the property is closed, the status should show sold. There are instances where information is updated/input into the MLS and it can take a little while for the information to be updated on various sties.

Hope this information helps and sorry for the frustration!

Lisa Cartolano
DRE 01715440
http://www.LisaCartolano.com
Hey Tiffany,
sorry you had such a bad experience with this Agent and yes, there's lot's of them out there that seem to tarnish the image of our industry... This may just be a case of the Realtor forgetting to change the status on the MLS..

Call me if you'd like and I'll look into it for you... Sometimes, once a call/reminder is put in, the status is changed immediately. If this is not the case, I'll find out the reason why or the close date...

Happy Friday ;-)

Brian Kelly 415 846 5017
Hey Ron, read it again jerk, he is a crappy realtor because he has taken 91 days to close a sale for his client. Why do you bother responding if you have nothing to contribute other than to be a jerk?
He's a crappy Realtor because you couldn't understand him?
This whole question says a lot.
Hi Tiffany,

If you saw someone moving in it probably means the transaction closed, but the "crappy" realtor you mentioned didn't post it sold in the MLS.

You can call the S.F. MLS and let them know if it would make you feel better.

Tap
http://www.DavidTapper.com
http://www.TeamTapper.com
650-403-6252