Home Buying in San Diego>Question Details

Kim Glass, Other/Just Looking in San Francisco, CA

A dream client would have...

Asked by Kim Glass, San Francisco, CA Fri Jul 20, 2012

What would your dream client have? What would they know? What would they need you for? What is most important for a client to be prepared for during a buying/selling process?

Answers

5
Of course all my clients are dream clients, because the came to me! :))

To help me help them it would be great to have the following right out of the gate:
Pre-approval for a known amount or cash
A list of their required specifics on the area and property type they are in need of.
Provide information on family size including family pets

With the above information and a few specifics, I have the tools to get to work! I am enabled to provide my services in searching, obtaining, finding, and showing. The collection of information that meets the buyers needs, financial guidelines and projections are invaluable and can only be provided by a professional real agent in the know.

It is also an agent's responsibility to prepare my buyer's with all available information on the presented properties so they can determine which property is best for them.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 20, 2012
My dream client is someone who is pre-qualified and ready to buy with a good idea of what they're looking for. They will use me as a resource to help them learn the area and the pros and cons to each neighborhood or residential building. I would like them to be willing to meet with me in my office prior to looking at properties to go over the home buying process so they understand how it works and what to expect. It is most important that a client have all their finances in order so that they can be in the most competitive position when putting an offer in on a home, especially since we're in a very HOT market right now with a lot of people looking for great investment opportunities.
My dream client would of course, have cash, bid appropriate on offers (as opposed to low balling), and buy a home at $1 million or over. In addition, my dream client would be pleasant to interact with, and become a friend who spreads my name to all his or her friends!
My dream client has a large bank account, multiple homes, and many investments, and either is happy for me to take care of all the details and let him(her) know when his(her) multi-million dollar second home in Rancho Santa Fe is sold with no questions about stated commission OR knows what (s)he wants and is ready to buy, all cash, quick close. And (s)he has many friends of a similar mold whom they refer to me.
Realistic expectations and a collaborative spirit.

Christopher Pagli