Home Buying in Atlanta>Question Details

Kim Glass, Other/Just Looking in San Francisco, CA

A dream client would have...

Asked by Kim Glass, San Francisco, CA Thu Jul 19, 2012

What would your dream client have? What would they know? What would they need you for? What is most important for a client to be prepared for during a buying/selling process?

Answers

4
I actually met with a dream buyer today! I'll call him Harry.
Harry is a 20-something young man with a plan.
He has been planning for his first home for several years.
He wants to buy a duplex; he is going to live in one side and rent the other side.
He has a solid job and excellent credit.
He called my preferred lender the same day I gave him the number and was easily approved for way more than he plans to spend.
He has saved some money for a down payment, but really wanted to put more down, so I told him about the down payment assistance program in the city of Atlanta. He immediately did the research to find a lender that is participating. He applied for the program, then scheduled himself to attend the home buyers' class, which is this Saturday.
We met in person for the first time today and he was well-prepared with questions and possible properties.
He listens well and is not afraid to ask questions. He has done a lot of reading and self-education, but he is well aware that there is a lot he does not know.He values my experience and ideas.
This is going to be fun!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 19, 2012
The most important thing for a client to know during buying/selling process is proper and deep knowledge regarding which kind of documents will be needed and will also have proper knowledge of how to do all process of buying/selling home.
They would have CASH. Know exactly what they want...and be able to afford it. They would understand the market completely, and also have a good understand of value, not just price. That's a good question.
A dream client would have realistic expectations and a stalwart financial position.

A dream client would know what they don't know.

A dream client would need me for exclusive, fiduciary brokerage.

The most important thing for a client to be prepared to do during the buying or selling process is to act forthrightly and with determination.