Home Buying in Jersey City>Question Details

Daniel Chan, Renter in Upper East Side, New...

A building has tax abatement, but I have to apply within 30 days of closing to qualify per city gov't. What does that mean? Thanks in advance!

Asked by Daniel Chan, Upper East Side, New York, NY Mon Dec 10, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


Hello Mr. Chan:

If this is a Jersey City property, I would recommend that you stop by the Assessor's Office at 280 Grove Street RM 116. They should be able to provide proper guidance. Good luck.
Allen Gradin, Agent
Remax Villa Realtors, Jersey City
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 10, 2012
Hi Daniel, you'll want to contact the city (I assume you are buying in Jersey City?)
You as the new owner must file the paper work with the city so that they may grant/file the abatement.

Here is the office number for you to call:
(201) 547-5188
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 10, 2012
It depends on what city you are purchasing in. If you are working with an agent, they should be able to help you with this.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 10, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer