Deborah One, Home Buyer in Greater Wilshire / H...

A 2 bdr 2 ba condo at 531 N. Rossmore Ave recently sold for $200,000. I don't remember seeing it in the MLS? Was it listed?

Asked by Deborah One, Greater Wilshire / Hancock Park, Los Angeles, CA Fri Jun 4, 2010

This is in my desired price range. If not in MLS, how do I find properties like this?

Answers

7
Hi Deborah,

I would need the unit number. MLS has properties listed by realtors. It does not have for Sale by Owners. If this condo was listed by Realtor it was in MLS based on status (active, pending or sold).

Gail Mercedes Cole
EXP Realty Marina del Rey
310.853.9933
Hi Deborah,
Asked question in 2010. Within the last 6 months 2 units have sold in complex for $449,000.00 and $535,000.00. Prices have appreciated in complex.

Gail Mercedes Cole
EXP Realty Marina del Rey
310.853.9933
Dear Deborah,
I would recommend you begin working with a good buyer agent. We often have "pocket listings" or know of property that is not listed for sale. We also work with homes that are for sale by owners which are also not listed in the MLS.
Hello Deborah,

I just sold a condo on that stretch, a 1 bedroom for a low 300. If you have a unit number we could see if this was a foreclosure or a private sale. Chances are it wasn't a full arms length transaction and it was a foreclosure. 200k for a 2 bedroom there just seems to good to be true.

Monique Carrabba
The Carrabba Group
Keller Williams Hollywood Hills
mcarrabba@kw.com
(323) 899-2900
I agree with Richard about the values in the building. This would not be a recent sale. If you saw this on a foreclosure site, it could be the value of the first or second trust deed, but not the full value. If you saw it as a comparable outside of the MLS, it could be a refinance; again, not a full value recording. Please give me more information if you want me to sort it out for you.
As for finding other properties like this, do you mean "in the building", "in that style", "in that price range", or "deeply discounted"? Those are all different questions with different answers. I'd be happy to assist you.
Deborah Bremner
REALTOR, 00588885
(D) 818.564.6591
TheBremnerGroup@gmail.com
Blogging at: http://TheBremnerGroup.com/blog
Nothing has sold at this building through the MLS this year. And nothing has sold for that price in that building for several years now. Units here are selling in the 500s and 600s. Where did you see this sale listed? Perhaps it was a refinance of some sort that mistakenly got classified as a sale. Or maybe a family transaction done outside of the MLS. Definitely not a regular sale.

If you have any other questions, please let me know. I can also help you find listings that are in your price range, and give you an idea of the best areas to look in.

Richard Schulman
#1 Buyers Agent KW Los Angeles Region
(310) 482-0173
schulmanrd@yahoo.com
Hello! I don't see it was listed in the MLS. Two ideas for you, one have a Realtor sign you up for Listingbook. This is a new service provided by the MLS which allows you to put in your criteria (bed/bath count, city/area, sq footage, style etc) of the home your looking for and it emails you a daily report after scouring the mls for matches. Second, a Realtor with a reputable company should have "pocket listings" which are properties not listed on the MLS. I would be happy to help you. Thanks.

Vince Lombardi
Keller Williams Beverly Hills
Direct:: (310) 489-5608