Realty Green…, Home Buyer in Needham Heights, MA

A Condo/townhome for 250k in boston metro west - dream/reality?

Asked by Realty Greenhorn, Needham Heights, MA Wed Oct 17, 2012

We're looking to buy a condo/townhome. Our budget is $250k. We currently live in needham and are considering the familiar suspects that families with elementary level children go for - Needham, Newton, Medfield, Bedford, Concord, Wellesley, Sudbury, Acton, Weston.

Pls advise.

Answers

2
Laurie Crispin’s answer
Definitely possible, but as Elizabeth said, your options would be limited depending on your wish list. I have 20+ listings (including a few single families) to send you -- Looks like there is a lot available in Acton in particular.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you'd like some help in your search!

Laurie Crispin
REALTOR®
Think Real Estate Services
Newton, MA 02459
617-435-4129
http://www.BuyWithLaurie.com
My off the cuff reaction was to answer "dream" but I did a quick search and there are possibilities. The challenge will be to see if the reality of what's in your price range matches up with your wish list. The list was about 40+ properties long when I first searched but by the time I narrowed it down to 2+ bedrooms and 1000+ square feet it narrowed to just a dozen properties. And a number of those had relatively high condo fees (which tend to push prices lower than they would be otherwise).

My advice would be to do some searching online to see what the prospects look like in your price range. Then I would hook up with an agent - or 2 or 3 if your geographic scope is still as large - and go out and look at the places in your price range. You'll start to get an idea as to whether or not reality matches up with your vision.

Since your price range is on the low end for the towns you've got on the list you're typically going to have to make compromises in terms of location, size, busy street, the aforementioned condo fees, style, etc (hopefully you won't have to compromise on all of those things! but you may have to on some of them). You need to do some online and in-person searching to see if you can find options where the pros outweigh the cons.

Best of luck with your search.