Home Buying in New York>Question Details

Nidhi, Home Buyer in New York, NY

ARE INDIANS ALLOWED TO BUY HOME IN NEW YORK?

Asked by Nidhi, New York, NY Mon May 20, 2013

i am an indian and i want to invest in new york.i am planning to buy a home in new york.i can invest 2 crore inr in this investment but i wanted to know is it allowed legally for indians to buy home in new york???

Answers

12
Of course, Indians can buy property here: I have helped several of your countrymen buy property in Manhattan: it is best to concentrate on purchasing condos as these are more investor friendly. I am an experienced broker (more than 30 years at this) and can shepherd you through the process of buying property anticipating all aspects for you.

First, we should discuss your idea of what you might like to buy (a two bedroom apartment perhaps) and discuss neighborhoods (there are some good deals lurking which I can ferret out for you) and time frame (when you might be available to see some places and when you want to make this purchase.)

Oh, and by the way, I have lived in India probably a total of four years in my lifetime: Almora, Varanasi, Mumbai, Chennai, Mussoorie, etc. and hope to revisit your amazing country.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 20, 2013
Federal Fair Housing laws, NY state Fair Housing laws and NYC Human Rights Laws prohibits discrimination in housing based on numerous protected classes. These protected classes in NYC are:
Race
Color
Creed
Age
National Origin
Alienage
Citizenship Status
Gender (including Gender Identity and Sexual Harassment)
Sexual Orientation
Disability
Marital Status
Partnership Status
Lawful Occupation
Family Status
Lawful Source of Income
Web Reference: http://www.nyc.gov/html/cchr/html/aunderthelaw.html
Mitchell Hall, Real Estate Pro in New York, NY
Of course, as long as you have the proper funding you can buy anywhere.
Yeah, of course. The United States is open for business to people from all nations. Please note that owning property doesn't give people the right to residency here, however.

HI I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ASSIST YOU TO BUY HOME IN YORK , PLEASE CONTACT ME GABRIELA LICENSED REAL ESTATE AGENT .1646-523-3073 THANKY YOU /.
Nidhi,
You must meet financial guidelines... Other than that, I would love to help you.
I am in upstate NY if you need any help up this way!
Hello Nidhi,

All persons that are financially capable can purchase Real Estate in the United States. All purchasers have to provide proof of funds before a purchase.

It sounds like you may need some guidance as to the various parts of New York. Feel free to call me if you have any questions about neighborhoods in New York City or the suburbs.

Good Luck

Maureen McEnroe
Licensed Real Estate Broker
Prudential Joyce Realty
914 588 1873
Nidhi,
Discrimination is NOT permitted. If you are financially qualified, you can purchase. If you are looking for ab investment property, condos are probably the best way for you to search.
Please contact me for any further information.
Michele Portnof
senior associate broker
Rutenberg Realty
mportnof@crrnyc.com
Anyone that qualifies financially is free to buy....
Hi Nidhi,

The US will allow you to buy a home in New York. Will you be living in it or will it be an investment property? If it is for investment purposes, you will need to buy a condo which has lenient sublet policies.

Call or email me if you want to discuss further.

Anu
(917)292-7063
There can be no discrimination to any qualified buyer that wishes to obtain property.
Hey nidhi my name is Ferhana and I work for coldwell banker reliable. I can help you find the right property to invest in. In fact I'm currently working with someone from India. Contact me to discuss more.

PS. I speak Hindi too.

Ferhana Naeem
Coldwell banker reliable
7185171213
Fnaeem11@hotmail.com